PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/23/19 01:33 AM
Darn thang works fairly good in Powertracks. Only glitch so far is once you generate anything the DAW locks up after drag and drop. go to the task bar and click the PT icon one to hide it and then again to unhide and it will free it up.
Posted By: rharv Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/23/19 09:14 PM
That's a funny concept to me, but now I have to ask ..
Since you own BiaB, you also own Realband.
What does the BiaB VSTi give you in Powertracks, that Realband doesn't already do, or doesn't do as well?

Curious
I suppose I could have tried this, it just never dawned on me to try smile
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/24/19 12:50 AM
you have a great point Bob, I must say obviously none of this is your fault.

actually I tried it in RB as well just for grins. it was a bit clunky there.

Why in PT since anyone who has BiaB has RB, hence no need for the plugin and PT.

Weeeeeeeell here is my idea, maybe down the road PGM might develop this plugin as a separate VSTi product. Also maybe a complete upgrade and modernization of PT. What a really cool bundle with a redesigned PT and a BBVSTi.

Also PT is lighter and quicker than RB
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/24/19 08:52 AM
agree about PT being lighter and more nimble than RB. My work flow is BIAB then RB for finishing the seq track then PT for adding vocals and mixing
Posted By: silvertones Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/26/19 06:11 PM
Playing songs in RB or PT has no difference on CPU load.
Posted By: silvertones Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/26/19 06:12 PM
That's the same behavior I get in Adobe Audition 1.5
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/27/19 06:33 AM
so if the cpu load is the same, I still prefer the less cluttered look of PT but however I make music PG programs suit me fine
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/27/19 09:48 AM
CPU might be the same but PT has always run better with less break up songs that struggle on RB run smoother on PT.
Posted By: silvertones Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/27/19 03:14 PM
Sorry guys I don't agree.I use it a whole lot.I do also use PT as my request program. It's in the minimised position. If I have a request I stop the Jukebox in RB and pull up PT for the request. Yes I should be able to just add a song to the Jukebox but it's broken and doesn't do that very gracefully. As far as the look, my stage setup has no tool bar showing. I have 3 tracks of the tracks view showing, 6 lines of the chord sheet showing and the comments section covering all the faders of the tracks view. It's fot lyrics. I have PT setup the same. Can't tell the difference.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/27/19 04:11 PM
John, I'm glad it works that way for you my friend, however I have tested both extensively as well. I used RB for a long time and it always works. But it does at least for me and several others here run "heavier" than PT. common sense tell me that if the two programs are essentially the same, except that RB has the tie in to BiaB that it is using more resources and takes more processing power. I remember being online with PGM tech support about three years ago, I was having issues with the program studdering and dragging. The suggestion was to run PT for live work as it was "lighter" on resources.
Posted By: silvertones Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/27/19 05:27 PM
Yes Rob 10 years ago and maybe sooner it was heavier on the resources however if memory serves me that issue was dealt with quite awhile back.
Now something that just triggered in my mind, BEWARE lol.
At the beginning, like I said 10 years back when RB came out I had that same sort of thing happening. Do a search and you may find the thread. I solved all the stuttering by doing all my songs at 16bitx48K.
RHARV and I both worked on this.
And of course computers are WAY more powerful now.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/27/19 11:34 PM
I remember that period of time, and discussion of your issues. Also I remember the solutions as well thanks for reminding me. One problem here is that I am running both RB an PT on the same computer. Both run using the same drivers, both at the same settings. The end result is that PT runs smoother and with less issues than RB for me. Whatever the cause it is real.

However both are pretty stable for me and both work well. PT still run slightly better
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BiaB VSTi 32 works here - 01/30/19 02:49 PM
System Requirements for Band-in-a-Box®

Windows®: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 or 64-bit)
Minimum 1GB RAM (2GB+ recommended)
Minimum 1.0 GHz processor (2GHz+ multicore recommended)

Windows®: XP ⁄ Vista ⁄ 7 ⁄ 8 ⁄ 8.1 ⁄ 10 (32 or 64-bit)
Minimum 128 MB RAM
75 MB hard disk space minimum, plus about 100 MB per RealDrums Set. Digital audio recording requires more hard disk space, about 10 MB per minute of recording.
© PG Music Forums