PG Music Home
Hi PT users
I am using PT with a 8 channel line 6 toneport UX8 interface
Just getting going, seems to be working recording all inputs to separate tracks as desired. Having issues trying to set line input volume for each track. The PT VU meters only show tracks 1 and 2. Anyone know how to get meters to show any desired track input i.e. 3/4 5/6 etc??
Thanks
Does the unit itself have a software mixer available?
You may need to set levels there for recording. PT normally doesn't affect the input, your interface handles that.
Listings for the UX8 product mention a software mixer -
'Special UX8 software mixer', as a feature. Do you have this?

If not, does it show as separate inputs in the Windows mixer?
thanks for the reply i beleive you are correct PT doesnt allow for changing the input gains . However Being a recording software it would be nice if it had vu meters to show what the input levels were, would seem reasonable as any recording device usually has input level meters.
I found in the asio drivers software there is a input level meter for each track. Its not ideal as PT wont run with the driver window open so you have to do a test run set the levels then exit but better than nothing.
Thnaks again for replying appreciated
Interesting, my ASIO mixer window runs fine with PT .. I can easily switch back & forth between the two.

Attached picture ASIOmixerwithPT.jpg
Same here. ESI gigaport HD
interesting that is very helpful and gives me some ideasI really appreciate the reply
© PG Music Forums