PG Music Home
Posted By: dvjduck Move audio forward/backward within track - 11/19/19 10:54 PM
I use PTPA Version 11 and need to be able to reposition (slide) the audio data within a track
To align with the measure lines or other other data. I know how to reposition data in midi tracks but not the audio tracks. Any ideas?
Thanks
Posted By: rharv Re: Move audio forward/backward within track - 11/19/19 11:14 PM
PTPA 11 is pretty old, but my initial suggestions:

Copy/Paste - highlight the section and copy/paste where needed
/note need to pay close attention to copy/paste data (From-Thru)

Later versions allow 'sliding' the audio data via the GUI by using CTRL key and sliding in the GUI .. but PT 11 may have not initiated this feature yet (like I said PT 11 is pretty old)

If further accuracy in needed, using the Options-Resolution helps define 'how accurate' any Cut/Paste can be.
I think PT11 defaults to 120th of a beat, but using the resolution option can get you to much finer resolutions. Though the math gets more complicated.

//hope that helps
Posted By: dvjduck Re: Move audio forward/backward within track - 11/20/19 01:03 AM
Many Thanks. You have helped me several times in the past. Every time, your info helped me do what I was trying to do. I'll give this a try and report back.
Deat
Posted By: dvjduck Re: Move audio forward/backward within track - 11/22/19 12:18 PM
rharv, I successfully used the cut paste method by setting the resolution to 480. However, I went ahead and bought the 2019 version and am learning to use it. PTPA continues to amaze me. I have owned and used Protools, Cakewalk and Reaper all of which are great in their own way but PTPA continues to be my go to choice.
Posted By: rharv Re: Move audio forward/backward within track - 11/22/19 09:58 PM
Glad that helped
.. and you are not alone.
I know a few people that have Reaper, ProTools, etc. but seem to always want to work in PTPA.
I know it's not the vast majority, but for some it just seems to fit.
I cut my teeth on PTPA so I'm partial myself.
A jump from PT11 to 2019 is quite a change. Hope it goes well for you.
If not, us forumites are always here to help.
© PG Music Forums