PG Music Home
Posted By: FlaMusician VST3 without jbridge? - 11/25/19 01:37 PM
I'm running Power Tracks 2019 with the #2 update.
In my C:\program files\common files\VTS3\celemony\mellodyne location I have the 64 bit VST3 file called Mellodyne.vst3.
Now that PG Music programs are 64 bit, do I still need jbridge to use this plug-in?
Posted By: jford Re: VST3 without jbridge? - 11/25/19 03:02 PM
I believe that jBridge only supports VST2 format.

So, if you are running PowerTracks (which is a 32-bit application), you would need to load the VST2 version of Melodyne or load the VST2 version of the plugin (which could be 64-bit, as long as you are running jBridge). That being said, Melodyne does not run very well with Melodyne, because its architecture and Powertracks architecture don't speak well to each other (Melodyne isn't a traditional effects plugin that processes in RealTime).

What I do is export my WAV file and process it using the standalone version of Melodyne, then bring the updated track back into the mix.
Posted By: FlaMusician Re: VST3 without jbridge? - 11/25/19 06:07 PM
Thanks jford

Your response makes a lot of sense.
Exporting to wav to then do the processing in the offline version of the specialty application will eliminate a lot of possible complexity.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST3 without jbridge? - 12/21/19 10:04 PM
According to a compatibility chart on the Melodyne website,
Quote:
32-/64-bit compatibility – Run Melodyne as a native application on 32-/64-bit systems
+++ Melodyne - Editions & Technical Matters +++

One "got cha'" might be a 32 bit operating system is needed to download the 32 bit Melodyne. I don't know if the 32 bit Melodyne is included in every download since the download is customized to your computer and edition. There could be a flag you can set during the download process, I just don't know.

I do know JFord's earlier answer is correct. The VST3 standard does not allow a VST3 to operate in a 32 bit program, with or without a bridging application. However the VST standard is not limited in this manner and will work with an application like jBridge.

The easiest solution is to use the standalone application.
Posted By: jford Re: VST3 without jbridge? - 12/22/19 11:03 AM
Per the jBridge web site:

Quote:
jBridge is an application designed for bridging VST plugins in Windows (up to the 2.4 VST specification).

That seems to tells me it isn't designed for VST3.
© PG Music Forums