PG Music Home
I'm trying to get Jam Origin Midi 2 app to work with PT 2017. I've used PT for 15 yrs. now and had great success with SF2 for my music creation. I'm now trying to get Midi 2 to work with PT but I don't have ASIO driver installed. My dedicated music PC is an XP w/3GB ram and C Labs Sound Blaster Live mp3+. Jam Origin Midi 2 is suppose to make reg. guitar output record as midi. But apparently I need an ASIO driver.
Where would I install it and where would I get it?

Thx, Bill
Bill - I would try ASIO4ALL. The web site indicates that the current version 2.14 (which is getting a little old, but still works) is a combined 32/64 bit version, and supports Win 98SE/ME/2k/XP/MCE/2003/XP64 and Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.x/Windows 10 x86/x64.

Whether or not it works with your sound card, you will just have to be test. If it doesn't work, you can always uninstall it.

Steinberg also has a free Multi-session ASIO driver (that allows you to use multiple ASIO applications at the same time). Click +++ HERE +++ for information about obtaining it. Because it came out awhile back, I presume it works with Windows XP, but you would have to give it a try. Steinberg also has a generic low latency ASIO driver, but I think you have to install one of their programs to get it. And again, not sure about Windows XP support.
Again, whether it works with your sound card or not will have to be tested.

Hope this helps.
That card should have installed it's own. Go to the drivers page and choose asio and see if there are creative drivers listed
I have and use MIDI Guitar 2 (MG2) so an additional small item needs to be brought up while you are at getting an ASIO driver installed: you will ALSO need a virtual MIDI port, one that both Powertracks (PT) and MG2 will recognize and select.

If you want to send MIDI data from MG2 to PT to be recorded in PT you will need this virtual MIDI port so the PC can route MIDI data from MG to PT. Something like free Loopbe2, or free MIDI OX, or the free Loop MIDI, I’ve come to like Tobias’s LoopMIDI

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

Feel free to use whatever; however, you will need some form of a virtual MIDI router.

Good luck

Larry
I use midiyoke
Midiox is from the same guy but not what you meed.
It's called a virtual midi cable. I use it to send midi data from RB to my lightning program.
Correct MIDI Yoke not MIDI Ox both, plus other stuff, here

http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

Bottomline: You WILL need a virtual MIDI router/"midi cable" to use MG2 and a DAW, like PT, to record MG2 MIDI.

You have multiple choices for a virtual router and ALL are free, or have a free option. Try a few, but not ALL at once, for a few weeks and see which one is more stable in your use case.

Good luck
Larry
Bill,

+++ HERE +++ is a link to the Creative Labs Soundblaster Live MP3+ support webpage. The page has drivers suitable for use with the Windows XP operating system.

I've also provided you with the same link by private message. You have mail!
I thought that card had asio drivers.Get midi yoke and you'll be all set.
Originally Posted By: silvertones
I use midiyoke
.. I use it to send midi data from RB to my lightning program. ..

Holy cow, you have a lightning program for your show?
What kind of powerstrips do you use??
Doesn't the lightning cause power issue risks (or at least scare some people)?
<grin>
No it's awesome and don't need fog. It makes it's own smoke.
I sincerely hope Bill Az provides an update.
And the verdict is...
And the verdict is...
John,

You're not waiting and holding your breathe, are you?
No
Thanks to all of the people who have responded. I'm trying many of the suggestions. The ASIO has been a major stumbling block. asio4all caused my pc to have a really loud buzzing noise. The asio multi use driver install but didn't work. (I get a message that Sound Blaster does not have ASIO driver)
No matter what I try, I can't get JamOrigin to do anything. I guess I'm not understanding how it hooks up to my P tracks.
I'll pursue this some more, but I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding some basic thing.

Bill Az
Bill,

Have you tested to verify the VST effects you have work in PowerTracks?

Be aware the PG Music effects ARE NOT VSTs. They are DX effects. DX and VST effects have similar functionality but are not compatible.

Also be aware PowerTracks is a 32 bit program so any VSTs must also be 32 bit or you must have jBridge installed for 64 bit VSTs to work in PowerTracks.
© PG Music Forums