PG Music Home
Most people are listening to their music as compressed MP3 files of coarse. When I try to save my PT SEQ file as a MP3 it goes through the whole saving process saying its being converted etc. but right at the end says codec is not installed on the computer. Seems odd this would not be loaded as part of the PT software. If it is external to PT i dont understand what other computer resources are being used that need the codec. I am using windows 7 and media player V12 which has the codec for MP3 playback but not sure if this applys to recording. Anyone know how to get the right codec installed and for PT to use ii?
I guess another method would be to save as stereo wav, file and find 3rd party conversion to MP3 software but that seems cumbersome.
Any advice is appreciated
Posted By: rharv Re: Saving audio file to MP3 missing codec - 02/16/20 10:24 AM
Many of us are baffled why MP3 is not included also.
Any software that will install an MP3 codec to Windows should make it available, but you are correct; many users save to WAV and use Audacity or other 3rd party software to convert to MP3.

PT does a nice job of using WMA natively but MP3 is not native yet.
We're all pushing for it.
Until then some suggest the K-Lite codec package.
Always be careful when downloading/installing anything unknown.
Thanks for the reply appreciated. As you mention saving as a wav then using 3rd party software seems to be the easiest
© PG Music Forums