PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernier Expression Pedal Topic - 04/13/20 06:50 PM
I think I have posted this before but cannot find the thread.
I have an FBV Express MKII expression pedal. It has a wah pedal and four programmable switches. from my understanding and past research, the switches can only be programmed with midi commands. I would love to be able to use one of the switches to turn on/off the recording function in PT 2019. It is such a pain to have to use the mouse to press the record icon or press the r key and then get back to my guitar neck. Any suggestions highly appreciated!
Bernie
Posted By: rharv Re: Expression Pedal Topic - 04/13/20 07:37 PM
I don't think that pedal is capable of the desired result.
Ideally you would be looking to have RB sync to another sequencer clock you could use to control Play/Record as well as know where you are in a song.

If there is a standard MIDI message that can trigger recording of audio (send computer keyboard messages) that this pedal could use, I don't know about it.
/Wouldn't surprise me if forum member Pipeline knew of something though. <grin>

1. Can you give yourself enough lead in when you hit record that you can comfortably get ready?
2. Do you have a spare keyboard that you can rip all of the keys off except the R and the spacebar? A few of us have gone to the extreme of using such a Frankenstein solution as a foot pedal.
Makes Start/Stop/Record pretty easy.
3. Would a wireless keyboard help? If it could sit somewhere more convenient and you just reach over and tap 'r'

just trying to help
smile
Posted By: Bernier Re: Expression Pedal Topic - 04/16/20 04:56 PM
#1. Yes, I usually do that
#2. No
#3. Yes, good idea!
Thanks so much for the help!
© PG Music Forums