PG Music Home
I use a vsti from IK Multimedia called Sample Tank, and recently they came out with version 4.

The problem is that, while it will load through PT Pro 2020 (build 3), it won't allow me to right click on any of the sliders or knobs which are crucial to controlling this vsti. As soon as I click, they pop up for a fraction of a second and then go away.

I contacted IK, and they asked if I have the same problem with the standalone version of Sample Tank. As a standalone, I can right click and all the menus and functions are available. I told IK and after some tests they did on their end, the replied that the problem lies with my DAW host (hello Power Tracks).

I placed a support request via email with PG Music weeks ago but no response.

Anyone have any ideas? BTW, the older version of Sample Tank 3 works fine though PT.
Posted By: jford Re: VSTi problem and no response from PG Music - 05/27/20 07:57 PM
May not help, but have you tried running PowerTracks "as administrator". I also presume that you have jBridge loaded, as I recall that ST4 is 64-bit only.
Posted By: Leeky Re: VSTi problem and no response from PG Music - 05/27/20 08:01 PM
Hi John,

Yes to all the above. Doesn't help. BTW, Sample Tank 3 is also 64-bit and I never had a problem using it through PT.
Try it with KV Element
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=581640
or if you have JBridge load it into PluginFlipFlop
https://jstuff.wordpress.com/pluginflipflop/
I've had this problem too. I use RB and not PT but if PT is 32 bit, as RB is, I have a solution for you.

I've worked quite a bit with Joao on this, he is the developer of jBridge. The problem is not how SampleTank 4 or PT is responding, it's how jBridge is configured.

To setup SampleTank 4:
1. right click on the track you want to add SampleTank 4 to.
2. Click on "Add specific VSTi or DXi to the MIDI track" from the pulldown
3. Select SampleTank 4 from your loaded .dll's
4. On the track header in PT, click on the blue "Edit Vsti Fx button" to open SampleTank 4
5. At the bottom of the SampleTank 4 display, click on "jBridge settings". Up may have to scroll up to see this at the bottom of the SampleTank 4 display.
6. In the jBridge setting dialogue, click on "GUI always on top" and "audio Master Get Time Hack"
7. Close all windows and close PT or RB
8. Reopen PT or RB
9. Now assign SampleTank 4 to your track, select ST4 instrument you want to use
10. On the volume or pan ST4 slider, right click to pull up MIDILearn and follow the popup instructions to get ST4 to control volume and Pan in RB / PT

Let me know if you have success.

Jeff
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
I've had this problem too. I use RB and not PT but if PT is 32 bit, as RB is, I have a solution for you.

I've worked quite a bit with Joao on this, he is the developer of jBridge. The problem is not how SampleTank 4 or PT is responding, it's how jBridge is configured.

To setup SampleTank 4:
1. right click on the track you want to add SampleTank 4 to.
2. Click on "Add specific VSTi or DXi to the MIDI track" from the pulldown
3. Select SampleTank 4 from your loaded .dll's
4. On the track header in PT, click on the blue "Edit Vsti Fx button" to open SampleTank 4
5. At the bottom of the SampleTank 4 display, click on "jBridge settings". Up may have to scroll up to see this at the bottom of the SampleTank 4 display.
6. In the jBridge setting dialogue, click on "GUI always on top" and "audio Master Get Time Hack"
7. Close all windows and close PT or RB
8. Reopen PT or RB
9. Now assign SampleTank 4 to your track, select ST4 instrument you want to use
10. On the volume or pan ST4 slider, right click to pull up MIDILearn and follow the popup instructions to get ST4 to control volume and Pan in RB / PT

Let me know if you have success.

Jeff

Jeff, That's quite the write-up. Have you considered copying it and posting it as a standalone post in the Tips & Tricks forum section?
Posted By: Leeky Re: VSTi problem and no response from PG Music - 05/28/20 06:08 PM
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for the advice. It worked like a charm!
Posted By: rharv Re: VSTi problem and no response from PG Music - 05/28/20 06:40 PM
+1 for adding to the Tips & Tricks forum
This could likely help many users.
Good point guys! Glad I was finally able to help others who have provided so much support to me. I'll post a new write-up in the "Tips" section.

Jeff
© PG Music Forums