PG Music Home
Has anybody here had problems with ASIO4ALL driver in PT2020 and Windows 10?

My particular PT2020 setup uses 3 different ASIO drivers... Line6 PODX2, Roland Juno DS-61 and ASIO4All for my Behringer USB mixer.

In the past, I was able to easily switch between ASIO drivers in "Audio Settings/Audio Preferences/Audio (tab)" with no issues. Now, when I go to ASIO4All.... I get distortion on playback. The Line6 and Roland Juno ASIO drivers still function properly with no issues. Could a Microsoft Windows 10 update cause this problem? The ASIO4All driver is dated for 2017... and I was unable to find any more recent ASIO4All drivers. So maybe that could be the problem? Any help or clues to fix this problem would be appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe try the ASIO driver meant for the mixer (?)
https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html

Why do you need ASIO4All?
Your device *should* have its own drivers meant to work for that particular device.
You should use that if you can.

That said, the mentioned distortion can be many things .. including bitrate mismatch.
How are you monitoring? (how are the speakers/headphones you hear distortion in physically connected?)

Could a Windows update cause this? I would say yes, but most likely from changing a setting somewhere, like the Windows Audio area (little speaker icon).
This is the ASIO driver I get directed to from Behringer's website:

http://www.asio4all.org/

My mixer is the Xenyx X1204USB

Strange that the ASIO4ALL driver functioned properly for an entire year. And yes... I'm well aware of the little speaker icon and all of it's applications.

Well that's just sad that ASIO4All is their 'ASIO' driver. (it's not true ASIO)
As far as getting it working, distortion is often from mismatched settings.
It can also be from a bad USB cable, but you haven't mentioned changing that.

Double check that the SEQ file and ASIO4All settings are still the same (or rather 'match').
The ASIO4All driver actually 'wraps' the default driver, so that could come into play, which is why I mentioned checking the Windows settings.

Have you tried re-installing the ASIO4All driver?
Even though they are from 2017, re-installing them may reset something inside the wrapper/adapter if indeed something changed in Windows.
I'll check the USB cable. I agree... Behringer should have their own ASIO driver for my mixer. I noticed some of their mixers do have their own ASIO, but not mine.

And yes, I've already uninstalled ASIO4ALL driver and reinstalled twice with no luck. Will check Windows settings again.
One thing to look at is the bitrate settings in your song, ASIO4All and the Windows bitrate settings.

If PT and ASIO4All are trying to run at 16/44 and Windows changed to 24/48 you'll likely get issues. Or vice versa .. any mismatch in the chain can cause problems.
And yes, check the USB cable, it caused me hours of frustration once.
If the system can't send/get a good data stream all bets are off, regardless of driver.
We've tested PowerTracks with ASIO4All and it generally works fine. Can you check your Windows build version by right clicking on the Start menu and choosing Run, then enter winver and press enter? Build number will be listed as "Version".

The most recent Windows 10 version at this writing is version 2004.
The xenyx mixers are just that, mixers, and not true audio interfaces. While a decent mixer they don’t function as an intricate part of the full signal chain as a dedicated interface will. I used a behinger mixer for a few years connected to my Delta 2496 sound card. The sound card was the interface, and required a driver. Now behringer is attaching the new line of mixers with USB you have to select a driver, but they have never developed one for that task like a true interface does. A driver that ties the unit to the DAW software system
© PG Music Forums