PG Music Home
Posted By: Peter J PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 12/03/20 01:56 PM
Hi All,
Since,in the latest [2021] version of Biab and RealBand, both are now 64Bit,I wonder if PowerTracks will be similarly upgraded. Does anyone know when the 2021 version of PowerTracks may be expected and if it is likely to be 64 Bit also?
Thank you.
Posted By: rharv Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 12/03/20 08:18 PM
None of us users can say for sure, but I'd suspect PT will follow RB

As far as when, that's up to PGMusic, but it usually lags some months behind BB/RB.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 12/04/20 10:48 AM
Since PTPA is one of the base codes for RB I imagine that’s already in the works. As Bob said we will know for sure mid year if all things stay in step.
Posted By: Peter J Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 12/06/20 02:14 PM
Hi rharv and Rob,
Thank you for your useful input which confirms my own expectations. Incorporation of 64 Bit would be a worthwhile improvement.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 01/21/21 08:32 PM
As you may have suspected, we are working on a 64-bit version of PowerTracks, although I don't personally have access to it yet. On average the Powertracks release is 2-4 months after Band-in-a-Box and RealBand, but of course that's not a guarantee of any sort.

I personally am looking forward to using it in 64-bit mode, as some of the audio interfaces I use have issues with 32-bit drivers.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 01/24/21 03:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
As you may have suspected, we are working on a 64-bit version of PowerTracks, although I don't personally have access to it yet. On average the Powertracks release is 2-4 months after Band-in-a-Box and RealBand, but of course that's not a guarantee of any sort.

I personally am looking forward to using it in 64-bit mode, as some of the audio interfaces I use have issues with 32-bit drivers.

thanks Simon!
I bit the bullet and installed the whole shebang on my performance machine... but when PT comes out in 64 bit I'll probably buy it and go back to using it. I don't know if its my asio driver or what, but in just about every practice session, at some point RB just closes itself. No error message or anything.

side note: you should include a special cursor so that when RB crashes the pointer changes from forefinger to middle finger.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 01/24/21 04:40 PM
Pat Marr
if powertraks works for you.
so should RB.
please post BIG PICS (cos i'm vision impaired) of your audio driver preferences in realband and powertraks so other
users can help you.
if were me i would use same sampling rate/bit depth and in/out drivers in both rb and powertraks.
youve got some beefy rig//interfaces there so should work.
i suspect its just a simple setting.
plz be patient tho. i'm happy to help if others are patient.
best
muso.
ps in the pg wishlist please support my suggestion for
a "gracefull system degradation" wish/warnings.
a la computerised industrial systems.
thus no "fingers" lol.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: PowerTracks Pro Audio 32 Bit - 01/26/21 05:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I bit the bullet and installed the whole shebang on my performance machine... but when PT comes out in 64 bit I'll probably buy it and go back to using it. I don't know if its my asio driver or what, but in just about every practice session, at some point RB just closes itself. No error message or anything.

Strange. Drivers are up to date I assume? And Windows itself? I've heard a report from at least one user that the built-in driver update wizard for their audio interface grabbed an older version than what was on the manufacturers website, so it could be good to check manually.

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
side note: you should include a special cursor so that when RB crashes the pointer changes from forefinger to middle finger.

They rejected that idea in the last meeting, sorry.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Pat Marr
if powertraks works for you.
so should RB.

Normally I'd agree, but now that RB is 64-bit and PT isn't yet that changes things. Some audio drivers just don't work well in 32-bit apps, or work great in 32-bit but not 64-bit.
© PG Music Forums