PG Music Home
Posted By: panworks save to file mp3 doesn't work - 03/04/21 11:48 AM
I have noticed when I use "save to file" for a track I am given a choice of formats. for some reason when choosing MP3 nothing is saved. wave or mp4 does work
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: save to file mp3 doesn't work - 03/04/21 01:24 PM
What version of Windows are you using? What version of PowerTracks as well?
Posted By: panworks Re: save to file mp3 doesn't work - 03/15/21 05:45 PM
powertracks 2020 on windows 10
Posted By: rharv Re: save to file mp3 doesn't work - 03/15/21 06:19 PM
You won't be able to get good quality MP3 without an extra Codec installed.
I'm pretty sure the basic Windows codec for writing/saving is still restricted.
Even using the Profession hack (lame codecp) it is limited to 128k as far as I know.

Because of this I use 3rd party tools to convert to MP3 after saving to WAV.
I use Lame Front End mainly because it is fast and does many files at once when needed, plus it uses the LAME codec, which is nice.

Posted By: EEB Re: save to file mp3 doesn't work - 06/10/22 03:49 PM
I have the same issue. My work around is to save it as a WAV, then use Audacity to convert it to MP3...
If you get a "Driver cannot do requested conversion", an "out of bounds" error when trying to encode an MP3 file, or are simply unable to successfully render to MP3, this suggests that your computer does not have an ACM (Audio Compression Manager) compatible MP3 codec installed.

Due to licensing restrictions and patents on MP3 technology, we do not include MP3 codecs with our software. You'll need to search online for an MP3 codec that you can download and install. Or, save your file as a stereo wave file and do the conversion from .WAV to MP3 in a third party program.
© PG Music Forums