PG Music Home
I imported a stereo mp3 to pt 2021 and the track #1 switched from stereo to mono. Earlier, I noticed while working on a song that my main music track was mono, and i wasn't sure why. Now, as I was importing a stereo mp3 track, I noticed right before my eyes that track #1 switched to mono!!! Then of course when you switch it back, it says you can't change it because there's data in it.
just a quick update - if i swap track#1 to an empty track(8), it does not convert it to mono when importing an mp3. That's a workaround for now!
okay ... this seems to happen with every import, so please someone just verify that it is a known issue.... for now, i just keep my track #1 blank
Hi MicWells, I was not able to duplicate this issue. Could you upload the MP3 you're using here so we can try it out, see if it's perhaps a problem with your file?
What happens if you just 'Open' the MP3 using PT?
I have a similar situation occurring with the first track...

I usually put my MIDI tracks at the beginning of a project, but I've noticed that sometimes (not always, but a lot) the first track will get converted to an audio track, and I can't change it back to a MIDI track because "it has data in it"

Usually, the MIDI track only has patch change and a few continuous controller commands being sent to a device, so it's not too hard to recreate it.. but sometimes the track has a lot of note data that is not easy to recreate. When that happens, it's a pain.

My workaround is to put a dummy audio track in track one of every project so nothing I need gets changed. This has been happening for at least a few years.

FWIW, I have also experienced the first track being converted from a stereo track to mono. I've noticed it usually happens after using the Audio Chord Wizard
This still happens consistently with me, so I always swap track 1 & 2 and leave track #1 blank - he said above that he couldn't duplicate it , but it seems to happen consistently with me.
If i just open themp3, it goes in as stereo on track #1, if i then import a stereo mp3, it chamges track #1 to mono.
© PG Music Forums