PG Music Home
I have been looking at various plug ins and am not sure which ones will work with PT2021 64 bit. Really would like better sounding drum tracks that I can create -midi, soundcard and coyote just don't cut it. Any suggestions appreciated.
I think Jamstix and EZ drummer are decent ones. I know they work in RB and would expect them to work in PT.
I think Jeff added the supporting code to PT shortly after doing it for RB.

They don't use MIDI time code, and can create some pretty cool parts, may be worth checking out.
Hopefully others chime in.

Have you tried the Realdrums that come with PT? Those can be pretty good also, we actually used one on a CD that had a live drummer for the rest of the tunes; fit right in.
+++ MT Power Drum Kit +++. Free drum VST.

+++ Steven Slate Drums Free +++ VST.

+++ Spitfire Audio Drums +++ Free drum VST.

+++ Alan Vista +++ A bunch of drum generators including Roto Toms!

All four are worth taking a look at and are free.
Thanx, Jamstix and SSD are on my list of possabilities. Realdrums doesn't work for me as I am arranging tunes for steel orchestra and use a lot of exotic rhythms as well as multiple rhythms in a song.
Great sounding drum plugin - Galaxy Drums and Desert Drums. HUGE sample set, lots of round robins and velocity layers (which can be reduced for lower ram/cpu usage), drum groove library... Definitely a more rock-oriented plugin especially with that sweet Gretsch kit they sampled.

I have the pleasure of knowing the lead engineer - Kris was one of my main Pro Tools instructors back in college (I still use his method of drum editing).

I've used the plugin in Powertracks, RealBand, and BB itself.

https://spacecabinaudio.com/

Please keep in mind that this is a personal recommendation, not a PG Music recommendation, and I do not work for Space Cabin Audio.
© PG Music Forums