PG Music Home
Posted By: stache49 midi drums to pc (USB) - 01/01/10 05:03 PM
I'm old school. Have been do'in the midi thing for 20 years now. However, I'm getting dragged kicking and screamin into the 21st. Century so got the Power Track software. My question is: How can I record drums played in real time on my Alesis drum machine into Power tracks via a midi to usb interface? Any help greatly appreciatted.
Posted By: Mac Re: midi drums to pc (USB) - 01/01/10 05:37 PM
Once the MIDI drumset's MIDI output is connected properly to the computer's MIDi Input port and you have visited the MIDI Preferences selection section inside Powertracks and highlighted that MIDI interface on the Input side of the selection, all that you need do is to click on the track that you want to record to and hit the Record button. The tracks in Powertracks are already defaulted to MIDI tracks.

Playback may be another issue, though, if you are using a GM MIDI synth, the drumkit must be on channel 10 to access the Percussion sounds. Some few earlier synths may use channel 16 instead.

--Mac
Posted By: stache49 Re: midi drums to pc (USB) - 01/02/10 02:01 AM
Haven't had time to try it yet, but makes sense and I hope it works. Will let you know. Thanks.
© PG Music Forums