PG Music Home
Posted By: panworks volume automation mystery - 02/03/22 05:03 PM
I load audio wav files into powertracks and then work with the volume sliders in track view to balance the volumes before rendering. Usually I can move the sliders back and forth to adjust a track and then play everything to check balance between tracks and maybe move the slider again if needed. Every once in a while a tracks slider will move back and forth on its own when I play the project. So I assume some how I am creating automated volume moves, but I don't know what I did different that causes this. Also is there an easy way to delete all automations. Did not find a clear answer in the manual. I am using I am using version 2020 in windows 10
Posted By: rharv Re: volume automation mystery - 02/03/22 08:48 PM
Yes, a couple ways.

If you are using Audio, you can use Cut, and make sure to enable the Data Filter.
Select whole track.
Inside the data filter make sure all you have selected is CC events (Ctrl).
Cut them and see if that worked.

Another possible solution is to click the down arrow on the desired track.
If that horizontal line that is exposed is not flat, right-click it and select Erase All Nodes.
Creating these nodes can happen accidentally if that down arrows was enabled previously and you didn't realize you could control volume automation with it.
Posted By: panworks Re: volume automation mystery - 02/04/22 01:47 PM
Thank you. That down arrow was he culprit!
Posted By: rharv Re: volume automation mystery - 02/04/22 07:16 PM
It's not a culprit, it's a feature!
Being able to automate volumes by drawing lines is pretty cool, until it happens accidentally shocked
Glad I could help.

FWIW, another way to do that is to go to the Mixer view and 'Record Mixer Moves'.
For some this is more intuitive, for others the line under the Tracks is more what they like.

It's all good once you understand how it works.
© PG Music Forums