PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernier Dll issue - 03/10/22 04:12 PM
I had to reinstall PT 2020. Works fine. I also have a plug in called Session Horns Pro by Native Instruments. In order for this to work, one must also install a program called Kontakt. When using with my old version (Kontakt 5) it worked fine. Now session horns requires Kontakt 6. When I try to load the dll for Kontakt 6 I am getting an error that states “Kontakt.dll is not a valid VST”.
I have done all kinds of inquiries with Native Instruments and no luck.
Any advice?
Thanks! Bernie
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Dll issue - 03/10/22 04:31 PM
What folder are you directing PowerTracks to? Are you trying to load the exe file or one of the dll files?

(All comments below taken from Kontakt 5 install as I don't have Kontakt 6.)

The default exe file location is drive letter > Program Files > Native Instruments. The exe file is the standalone version of Kontakt and will not work as a plugin.

The default dll file location is drive letter > Program Files > VSTplugins. There are three dll files with each having a different number of audio outputs.

All the dll files have the version number included in the file name. For example the Kontakt 5 dll file with one stereo output has a file name of Kontakt 5.dll
Posted By: rharv Re: Dll issue - 03/10/22 07:37 PM
In PT 2020 you would also have to pay attention to 32 bit & 64 bit.
Posted By: Bernier Re: Dll issue - 03/11/22 09:22 AM
Hi - thanks for the input. Kontakt 6 only has one dll, where 5 had 3.
Thanks - Bernie
Posted By: Bernier Re: Dll issue - 03/11/22 11:31 AM
I uninstall Kontakt 6 and reinstalled Kontakt 5. Now when I try to run it I am getting a message that Kontakt 5 version is too old.
I just want to get it to work again with PTW!
Thanks - Bernie
Posted By: Bernier Re: Dll issue - 03/16/22 08:41 AM
Reinstalled PTW 2022, installed and ran Kontakt 6, everything looks fine now.
Apparently, Kontakt 6 requires a 64 bit daw, and my PT 2020 is 32.
Thanks for all the help!
Bernie
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Dll issue - 03/18/22 04:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Bernier
Reinstalled PTW 2022, installed and ran Kontakt 6, everything looks fine now.
Apparently, Kontakt 6 requires a 64 bit daw, and my PT 2020 is 32.
Thanks for all the help!
Bernie

Yes, this is correct! This is usually one of the first things we recommend people check to ensure that they are using the right bit-type for plugins. Glad that you were able to figure it out!
© PG Music Forums