PG Music Home
Posted By: Beagleflyer Strange metronome - 03/23/22 08:26 AM
I've changed my metronome sound from closed hh to metronome click(how original!). However, if I now record a drum track the metro sound mysteriously changes, usually to bass drum.
Also, why, if I record an audio track post recording midi tracks, the midi tracks bleed onto the audio. Is this normal?
Confused. David.
Pt 21.Win 10
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Strange metronome - 03/23/22 10:00 AM
Hi Beagleflyer, first please make sure you have the latest build 4 update for your 2021 version installed: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2021_4

It is possible that if you are using headphones that it is playing back loud enough to be picked up by your mic and be re-recording on your new track. To test bring down your output volume and see if you get the same issue on your newly recorded track when you play it back.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Strange metronome - 03/23/22 10:03 AM
David.

In order to answer you correctly please provide pics of the following..
1..A pic of your ptw metronome settings after you changed them
2..A pic of your ptw CLASSICS VIEW after recording the midi trak.
ALSO please tell us what your sound device is ie on board pc sound ?
Or a usb midi/audio interface ?

Note..if your new to midi ? you might to get a book on midi , and there is oodles of info on the net bout using midiā€¦.and lots of info on the pg support/faq pages/manuals.
Etc etc.
Re the bass drum i suspect you changed the midi note number to Bass drum in metronome settings.

Best
om
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Strange metronome - 03/23/22 04:36 PM
Can you please also go to Help | About PowerTracks Pro Audio and provide the number in brackets next to where it says the version year so that we know what build you're on for 2021 so we can best assist?
© PG Music Forums