PG Music Home
Posted By: RJ 1911 No midi output - PowerTracks 2020 [Resolved] - 09/03/22 04:59 AM
Greetings.

I recently purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2022. I am running the included 2020 version as my operating system is 32 bit Windows7.

The installation went fine without incident. Upon first running PT 2020, all the default settings provided were accepted.

So first, what is working:

I can load and play the demos, including their midi tracks. Midi sound output is present and appears to be playing through the Windows GM wavetable synth. I can modify (edit) the midi content and hear the results.

If I start fresh with a new midi track, I have no output at all. I have tried selecting both the Windows wavetable synth and the CoyoteWT, but neither work. Reloading a demo, midi output is again present. Starting a fresh midi track, output is again gone. I tried setting everything the same as in the demos. Nothing makes a difference.

Any suggestions as to what settings to check?

RJ
Posted By: rharv Re: No midi output - PowerTracks 2020 - 09/03/22 08:27 AM
When you say "Starting a fresh midi track, output is again gone" what exactly are you doing?
Loading a different MID file, or trying to create a new MIDI track with a keyboard input?
Or?
Posted By: RJ 1911 Re: No midi output - PowerTracks 2020 - 09/03/22 11:12 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
When you say "Starting a fresh midi track, output is again gone" what exactly are you doing?
Loading a different MID file, or trying to create a new MIDI track with a keyboard input?
Or?

I may have found the problem.

To answer your question first though, I am creating a new MIDI track, starting with all empty tracks. So, no demos or anything loaded in at that point. The track type is set to MIDI and shows "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" and "Acoustic Grand Piano" selected.

To get it working, I re-insllaed things without the CoyoteWT synth. What's odd is that the demos were working with the CoyoteWT present.

Is there anything about the CoyoteWT included in PT2022 that can cause problems with PT2020?

RJ
Posted By: rharv Re: No midi output - PowerTracks 2020 - 09/04/22 10:30 AM
no. just have to select it .. easiest way is in Options - Preferences - MIDI - MIDI Devices
Set the default GM synth to CoyoteWT and check the box for Reroute all MIDI to default synth

Or you can right click a given track and select Port, then assign it that way track by track
Posted By: RJ 1911 Re: No midi output - PowerTracks 2020 - 09/04/22 09:28 PM
Thanks.

I re-installed everything, including the CoyoteWT, and everything now seems to be working ok.

RJ
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: No midi output - PowerTracks 2020 - 09/05/22 01:57 PM
RJ,

Please go to your initial post in this thread and click on the "Resolved" button. This will help other forum members searching the forum for answers to similar issues.
© PG Music Forums