PG Music Home
Posted By: lobster default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 12/20/22 09:27 AM
Hi:

I'm experiencing an error, not for me clear why, even though Win10 as default format 16 bit, 44100 Hz, every time I start PTW keep telling there is a different sample rate so it' will be no audio, and sometimes that "could not open the audio device", it might being used from other devices in exclusive mode.
Also, my Midi drivers won't be recognize.
I did go back to the audio driver from my Mainboard (Realtek), before being using the Creative Audigy Rx, because it wasn't shown those midi drivers.
But the error is still there, either help returning to the Realtek.
Looking into the register, those drivers are there.
What is working ok are external drivers, yesterday I use for control the Akai LPK25 was ok, in PTW could only use those midi plugin from Coyote.

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-12-20 125649.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 12/20/22 09:05 PM
Does this happen when using File - New or when using File - Open?

It could be that the file that is opening is a 24/44 or 24/48 file and the system is set to 16/44.
Does PT open with the last file loaded? Or does it start with a blank file?
There is a check box in Options - Preferences - File that tells PT to 'Automatically reload most recent file from last session', so maybe that file that is getting opened has different settings (or is corrupt) ..

If it happens with File - New, then it is more likely something in the configuration.

/FWIW the Akai LPK25 appears to be just a controller, so that has nothing to do with Audio bit rates ..
Posted By: lobster Re: default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 12/23/22 08:18 AM
Hi rharv:

Thanks for your answer, it happen when open a new and there is not the option on my settings to open the last file.
What do you mean with "likely something in the configuration" ?

Secondly, the Akai LPK 25 would be an external controller and is really not affected, also my other sound controllers via USB wound be a problem: B4000+, Mojo Desktop, M-Audio Oxygen Pro or NC2X.
What I missed are the driver of my sound card, which occasionally I wanted to use directly without starting all the external controllers.
As I wrote my sound card is a simple one Creative Audigy 5 Rx, so when I start PT the midi drivers are not seen in Midi Devices (Preferences), only the Microsoft GS Wave Table Synth.

Thanks for any thought about this issue.
Posted By: rharv Re: default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 12/28/22 08:30 PM
Does the Audigy show in the Audio Devices?

As I recall (may not be accurate today) the Creative cards work at 24/44.

Have you tried changing PT to 24/44 or 24/48 and see if the problem goes away?
Just approaching the problem from a different angle to see if it reveals any clues ..
Posted By: lobster Re: default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 12/29/22 11:18 AM
Hi rharv:

Thank you, you did recalled correctly!! bingo!!
Changing to 24/44 gave, as opening the PT i see the those midi drivers as OUTPUT: , however not as INPUT.
All what I did now was without reboot.
I will write back after than.
Posted By: rharv Re: default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 12/29/22 08:44 PM
Every once in a while I get lucky

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while ..
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: default format 16 Bit, 44100 Hz - 01/16/23 07:07 PM
And for once it was not Bob’s fault!
© PG Music Forums