PG Music Home
Posted By: justanoldmuso REALBAND >>> NEW SYNTHMASTER TRICKS. - 03/11/23 05:04 PM
REALBAND SYNTHMASTER TRICKS AND EXPERIMENTS.
(how to get added sounds from SMaster.)

maybe some midi experts will know this…but for people who dont…
in rb is a nice feature called TRANSPOSE MIDI.

thus ive been experimenting with this in rb with synthmaster in order to see what added sounds//interesting fx etc i can expose//get out of synthmaster that might not be obvious from the sm menu of sounds/patches.

for example i started with a simple smaster synth setting..then experimented with different midi transpose settings n' ended up with 'crickets' for fun.
on another test i took a sm patch n' turned it into freaky 'space sounds'.
what makes things easier is cos in rb one can generate midi trks which is a great unique feature.

you can go even further using any genned midi trak or imported midi trak…eg you have a boring sounding midi sound/patch…SOOOO plug in smaster into the midi trak n' then experiment with not only a sm patch BUT also transposing the midi trak n' via transposing exposing other sounds.
the skys the limit sound wise.

I REALLY LIKE THIS SYNTH...SO MANY SOUNDS !!
imho inclusion of this synth by pg 'slays the arguments that one cant get modern sounds'.
i'm spoilt for sound options. prolly take me months without sleep...lol to expose all the sounds that can be obtained from this synth.

hth//ymmv//blah blah…etc…lol

happiness to all.

om (the midiot..lol.)

Well to follow up , ive now gone thru' 1000 synthmaster patches so far with tons of patches yet to do. its truly amazing how many sound pictures n' sound variety is in this synth.
its not just a one trick pony. its an amazeing freebie considering the huge money musos i knew yonks ago spent on hardware synths.

what i like is i can set my favorite patches.
for me this synth has saved me laying down cash for vl's. cos so many sounds.

on my new pc i'm finding its also very responsive. i click on a patch n' bam it plays.
the trouble i find with many plug ins/vi's is some consume lots of pc resources.

there are a ton of music genres in the patches includeing jungle/rap/hip hop…etc etc.

i'm v impressed so far.

happiness

om
© PG Music Forums