PG Music Home
Posted By: CAPTAINLEE Better sound - 07/13/10 07:25 PM
Hi , I'm trying to get a better sound from my computer is there any way to put a plug in or something in the synth folder to get better sound. I m sure that the sound card is a standard one in this dell inspiron 530 desk top lots of memory.
also i get no sound out of the real band pgrm.
Posted By: Rachael Re: Better sound - 07/13/10 11:08 PM
I'm confused by your post. You say you want better sound but get no sound from RealBand. I assume your computer has a soundcard. If so, you should be able to get sound from any program. If you are familar with BIAB, try that first maybe loading and playing one of the demos. If that works, RealBand needs to 'point' to the right audio or midi devices.

If you have 64 bit Windows, the default Roland VSC/dxi won't work. Instead you have to load the Coyote 64 bit dxi that comes with BIAB. The sound quality of that is not great but it works. PG also sells the Coyote Forte dxi which will work with 64 bit and sounds (to me) far better than the Roland for most instruments. A 30 day trial is available. Next option would be get a different soft synth or hardware synth such as the Ketron which people here love.

In summary, we probably need more info on your computer specs and what you are trying to do.

R
Posted By: CAPTAINLEE Re: Better sound - 07/14/10 01:53 AM
Thank you for your response, I will use your information to work out my problems.
© PG Music Forums