PG Music Home
I've mentioned a few times how easy this is and how cool of a feature it is, and was asked to do a tutorial so ...
I found a free thrity day trial of a screen capture program and did it.
This program runs the audio a little behind, but wudya want for free?!?

Anyway, hopefully it helps someone understand how capable the ACW is in certain situations.
http://audiomastering-online.com/stuff/ACW_Tempo_Map_creation.avi

It's a 10 meg avi file

The audio delay does make it a little disconcerting when trying to click on the '1' of each measure, but in real life it will work very accurately for you.
enjoy. (I hope)
Thanks for the Demo Bob, nice job and I appreciate it very much.
Brian
Rharv,

I am only getting audio, no video? Listening in Win Media Player. Missing a codec here?

Trax
It's a basic avi format video..
plays on all machines here ..
I can make it another format if needed.

Anybody else having trouble with it?
Quote:

Anybody else having trouble with it?

Working great at this end. Thanks...
Trax,
Once I dug down into the actual codec being used I found it was an mp4 codec, one of the H.264 codecs. Kinda like a youtube video format. It just uses the avi extension for some reason. That probably works on most systems. I have had a few emails, a couple PM's, and Dan's and Brian Hughes' post above, saying they all can play it. In your case, not sure but guessing it IS a codec issue.

I renamed it (temporarily) as an .mp4 extension and windows media player still played it. You could try downloading, renaming (as.mp4 instead of .avi) and see if that works. If you can't do that, let me know and I'll rename a copy on the server and send you another link.
Rharv, it would not play on my WMP either, i did get it to open on Jet audio player and it worked well.
At first this wouldn't play the video for me. I upgraded WMP to 11 and all is well.

Great Video Rharv, I wish we could "sticky" the link some way.
Hi, Bob -

Awesome video tutorial. Thanks.
I'll put it in the 'tips' section, I should have done that to begin with.. I will probably redo it and include a little more in it. That was a first attempt with that software. Plus I did it on the laptop, so I'm sure the narration could be made clearer. I'll pick a different codec too, now that I know where that is located in the software.

Thanks
I am using Windows Media Player 11 with the latest updates on a Win XP PRO 32 bit machine and I still couldn’t play this AVI. I changed the extension to MP4 and it still didn’t work.

However you can download the free JetAudio, as was already suggested, and it works fine. You can get it at http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

I hope this helps

PS - great work Bob!
That is a very good tutorial video, Bob.
It's a great piece of software James

When I redo it I'll use a more generic codec for those having trouble.
nice job!
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the great demo.
Thank you, Bob.

I couldn't get it to play in WMP. I got audio only in Realplayer. I downloaded the JetAudio and it worked like a charm.

Much Appreciated,

Don S.
I wonder if those who got JetAudio can now play it in WMP (?)
It may update a codec ...
Quote:

I wonder if those who got JetAudio can now play it in WMP (?)
It may update a codec ...

Nope, it still doesn't play here in WMP.
Bob, this is weird, ain't it?

It plays fine on my PC, and I'm using WMP 11.

I have no prob at all with it. I wonder what the common denominator is that's causing the vid to fail on some many other PCs.

Makes me wonder now how many folks can or cannot play my tutorial videos that I've reposted in AVI format. Uh oh!
not here either
no luck here either i'm afraid...will download and try again later
I'll download a different screen capture program and try another format.

I tried uploading to youtube, and it played but looked terrible.
I tried converting, but filesize ended up huge in WMV and Flash
So I'll just redo when I get a chance. Any suggestions for screen capture software?
thanks for the video works here WMP 11 & win 7

what software did you use
ZDSoft - it says that in upper left throughout the video here, since it was a trial version.
I liked how it worked, but it wouldn't save to wmv, or other common formats, it seemed to balk here when otehr formats were tried, so I am looking for another one still.

I have tried a few, some are a real pain to set up for recording both the audio from RB and the line in (causing a delayed bouncing signal here) and others just plain old looked bad.. hopefully I'll find a good one soon. I uploaded that video to youtube, thinking that was an easy solution, but it looked grainy there too!! That surprised me.

TBH, ZDSoft gave best results here so far but some people can't seem to view it. It requires a recent codec that WMP 11 has in Win7, but apparently ver 10 does not. One of them things.. My guess is the free Jet program mentioned above installs and uses the right codec.
Thanks for the tutorial! Very helpful to be able to see the ACW features used rather than trying to comprehend it with just reading. Would love to see some more tutorials from you if you have the time.
For all of those who couldn't get the video working, I had the same issue at home. Installed CCCP (combined community codec pack) and it worked a treat (in the old WMP). Their page is http://www.cccp-project.net/

HTH,
Will
Thanks Will!
If it is a painless and safe upgrade for others I may go ahead and get that program, as it did perform well, it was just the end format that was an issue.
Quote:

Installed CCCP

Sounds Soviet to me...
In Soviet Russia, codec packs you..

Boy was my breathing labored in that video. I did it a few days after a pretty bad black mold incident. That stuff is nasty. Weeks of sinus issues.
Probably should redo it, but will likely just figure out another to do once things are caught up again.
© PG Music Forums