PG Music Home
Posted By: ariajazz Create PDF file with BB - 10/13/07 09:51 AM
Hi Folks.
Is there anyway to create a PDF file of a score with Band in a Box or any other method?

Thank You
Posted By: PapaMikie Re: Create PDF file with BB - 10/13/07 10:46 AM
There are a number of PDF converteds I use PDF Factory at work and PDF995 at home both will work you just print out your document. You can get PDF995 at

http://www.pdf995.com/

This can be used for free (well you have to put up with ads from sponser or purchased for $9.95 or a suite of other PDF products for $19.95. I have used the free version for a long time as I only print PDF now and again and can handle the adds.

HTH

PM
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Create PDF file with BB - 10/13/07 12:46 PM
I use a freeware called 'PDFcreator'. It acts like a printer driver - so when you go to print anything, seled PDFcreator instead of your printer.

Then instead of printing, it brings up a dialog where you enter keywords and such if you want to, click save - and then it brings up a dialog asking where you want the PDF stored.

Here's where you can get your copy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
Posted By: John Conley Re: Create PDF file with BB - 10/13/07 02:58 PM
If you use open office you can just save the file as a graphic to the clipboard and open office will export it as a pdf file just fine. The one limitation is that although in open office you can add a sound (say export your file as an mp3) you can't play it as a pdf. If you buy the actual pdf creator from Adobe (big bucks) you can embed your file and send it and they can click and play it from within adobe reader.

All that said star office like open office is free, available from google. Just go to google and look for the google pack. Need broadband though.

And you can save the file as html thus you paste your sheet into the openoffice / star office, add some extra words, pictures, fancy titles, etc. and make a web page out of the result. The web page should be saved in a directory because it will reference the actual file as a graphic embedded in the page, you'll see that if follow these simple instructions.

1. open the leadsheet window in band in a box.
2. click on print.
3. click on OK preview graphics.
4. click on the clipbd icon at the top.
5. Open your wordprocessor or graphics program. (if you use openoffice or staroffice you can pdf from there)
6. Click paste in the other application.

In open office or star office you can resize the result and add other stuff, then save as a Word file, xml, html, pdf or other portable document formats (like palm, pocketpc etc.)
Posted By: ariajazz Re: Create PDF file with BB - 10/13/07 04:37 PM
Thank You all friends for your help. Actually I tried with Adobe 6.0 using print command. It does convert the file to PDF but with weird and strange characters instead of chord simbols or any words.

I´ll try PDF Creator I had it once It just worked fine
© PG Music Forums