PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones Mr. Moderator - 11/16/07 11:35 AM
This forum should be set up so that replies can not be made to a post. This is supposed to be were an individuals "Tips & Tricks" are posted without discussion or argument. Use the "Off Topic" for that. Yes I've been guilty also.
Posted By: Byron Dickens Re: Mr. Moderator - 11/16/07 12:27 PM
What's wrong with discussing someone's tip or trick?
Posted By: silvertones Re: Mr. Moderator - 11/16/07 12:45 PM
Nothings wrong with it. Just bring it over to the appropriate forum to discuss that way this forum stays clean.
Posted By: rayc Re: Mr. Moderator - 09/26/21 03:02 AM
I suspect having others, test, attempt, contemplate, discuss, verify or otherwise a proposed "tip or Trick" is a very good idea.
Peer review is the scientific way after all.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mr. Moderator - 09/26/21 10:18 AM
Read through the first sticky post I wrote on the audiophile version. There were many great contributions that made the thread better. None were confrontational.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mr. Moderator - 06/18/22 08:25 PM
Further, something new: In the Tips and Tricks Forum, the original poster can now make edits with no known time limit. Thus, I have been able to edit my post on the Audiophile version periodically to reflect new information or make corrections.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Mr. Moderator - 06/19/22 11:27 PM

I kinda, sorta agree, with one caveat.

I have seen some obnoxious know-it-all people reply to an innocent person's tip or idea with these starting words:

"NO! WRONG! NOT EVEN CLOSE!"

If there can be an algorithm that would immediately eject those people into outer space while instantly frying their motherboards and cutting off all electricity in their house, I would be totally open to an open forum.

smile

Is there a way to do this???
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mr. Moderator - 06/20/22 02:57 AM
Of course, we have reinvigorated a 15-year-old thread. Perhaps we are wrong, and not even close.
© PG Music Forums