PG Music Home
Posted By: Ron Becker need to convert .aif to wav file - 01/08/11 06:14 PM
Tried several searches. I know this has been discussed numerous times. Never the less, I either got several pages of nonsense [as related to my querey] or nothing. So if someone can help plesae. I'm trying to import an aiff file to Biab eleven. Apparently Biab pc wants to continue pretending there is no BiaB mac. Can't import the song directly as there is a real drum part used on it in the version I wish to import and I don't know which one it is. Also, Can you loop audio in pc biab 2011? How do you get notification of a reply on this forum? There seems to be no button. Is it the favorites thing below. That would be very unintuitive. Thanks.

Ron
Hello Ron,

Band-in-a-Box songs are cross-platform compatible. The best thing for you to do is to simply save the song as a regular Band-in-a-Box file (.MGU or .SGU) on the Mac, and open the file on the PC. If you were to instead render the song as an audio file, then you'll lose any ability to edit that song further (except in a digital audio editing program). You want be able to change the chords, length, instruments, style, and so on.

You can find out what RealDrums are being used by clicking on the Drums track in the instrument panel at the top of the screen, or by opening the RealDrums Picker.

If you do still want to save your song as an audio file and transfer it to the PC, you'll want to save it as a wave file (whether you intend to open it in Band-in-a-Box PC or any other PC program). There is an option in the Render to Audio dialog on the Mac to save as a wave file.

If you want to get an email when someone responds to your post, click the 'Favorite topics(toggle)' link below the thread.
Posted By: stratos Re: need to convert .aif to wav file - 01/28/11 11:44 PM
I use Audacity . Its a free program.
Stratos
Posted By: Ron Becker Re: need to convert .aif to wav file - 01/29/11 05:14 AM
Thanks Anderew, I have been clicking the favorites button for about a week. I have not seen an email notification yet. Could be I read the forum sometimes on pc others on a mac. I only get email on the mac. And check it multiple times daily. I try to limit browsing on the pc. But I do check the forums from there if there is an issue peding.
© PG Music Forums