PG Music Home
Posted By: Earl Gardner Please help with connection issues - 03/28/11 05:09 PM
Hello,
I tried to search for previous posts regarding my questions but found none; sorry if this has been previously covered.

My aim is to create my original songs with BIAB and then use them in a live show situation as back up to my vocals and acoustic. I will be using a laptop so I will need some sort of external (usb) sound card?, that will allow audio out to my PA system. Also what cabling will I need to go from the external sound card (if needed) to the PA system?
Is it even possible?
Any product tips appreciated.

Thanks...Earl
Posted By: rharv Re: Please help with connection issues - 03/28/11 08:40 PM
You could go from the computer headphone jack out to a PA now, just get the correct adapters.

1/8" stereo 'Y' adapter with RCA ends, a long good heavy RCA cable, and RCA-to-1/4" adapters at the other end into the PA .. good to go.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103225

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062455
Posted By: Earl Gardner Re: Please help with connection issues - 03/30/11 01:04 AM

rharv...thanks for that info. Just what I was hoping for, an inexpensive solution. I made note of your website also...Thanks again,

Earl
Posted By: dryan08 Re: Please help with connection issues - 04/15/11 02:53 PM
Hey, Earl:

Since BIAB will render either to WAV or MP3 format, you might consider ditching the computer entirely, at least for the tunes you KNOW you'll be playing most of the time. I just have BIAB create MP3's for the tunes I want and can play them back from my Ipad, Iphone, or any other MP3-compatible device. I usually have at least 3 copies of my tunes available when I play, just in case my main device craps out.

MP3 players are very simple, and incredibly cheap compared to a laptop, and since BIAB will create them for you, you might want to give it a try. You can also look up my earlier post about the new Iphone/Ipad app called BackTrax, which lets you control your entire act from one of those devices. Probably works on an Ipod Touch, too, but I haven't tried it. On the other hand, those devices can cost as much as a cheap laptop; however, they're much less volatile, since they have no moving parts.

Good luck!

- DR
© PG Music Forums