PG Music Home
Posted By: bluestraveler 12 bar blues ending - 04/09/11 06:17 PM
I am new to band in the box and am having trouble ending the 12 bar blues. I would like to end the chorus with a I, V every time I am going to repeat the chorus. However the last time I play the chorus I want it to end on a I,I. I thought the tag function would do this so I put a tag at 10 and a coda at 13 and 14. Band in the box does not seem to terminate the song at 14 though. It mysteriously likes to add bars after 14. Why is this so hard?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 12 bar blues ending - 04/09/11 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum.

In the Song Settings dialog, right underneath the section about Tag Exists, uncheck "Generate 2 bar ending".

You can also force BIAB to be silent whenever you like by using a single period after the name of the chord, such as "C.". The single period means, rest all instruments.

If you have done these things and still have a problem, write back.

By the way, this is the Tips & Tricks forum, which is for tips that you want to share. If you need help with BIAB, you will get a much wider audience in the regular BIAB for Windows forum (or BIAB for Mac forum).
Posted By: bluestraveler Re: 12 bar blues ending - 04/10/11 04:11 PM
I found another way. I went to song settings, choose 2 bar ending, and start ending 2 bars early. So in the 12 bar blues, bars 11 and 12 are I and V and bars 13 and 14 are I and I. I will take up new questions in the windows forum as you suggest. Thanks for your suggestion.
© PG Music Forums