PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Another question about solos - 08/01/11 04:15 AM
Okay, here's my scenario. I want a solo at bar 51 to run 8 measures. I generate and generate and generate... finally find the one I like. I freeze the track.

BUT.....

I'm pretty sure old Brent has better in him, so I want to run a few more solos to see if I like them better. If I do that, how would I get back to take 6 since that was the best solo of the bunch?

The only way I can see is to freeze, save, generate, generate, generate, generate... etc.... and if I never get a better take than take 6, just don't save again.

Any other way to audition solos without all that heavy file management going on?
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another question about solos - 08/01/11 07:06 PM
First off this is the tip forum, so it is where folks leave good tips and tricks they use, not ask questions.

anywho, what i do is highlight the area i want a solo in, the generate one, then next i drop down one track, and do it again, drop down and do it again. You will notice when you drop down the highlighted area moves with you. Go back and listen to each and see if I like any of them. Keep that one and delete the others.

You can even cut and paste different parts of different solos.
Posted By: rharv Re: Another question about solos - 08/01/11 07:50 PM
Since Eddie mentioned freezing I think he is using BiaB, and you described the easy way to do it in RB Robh. RB does make this task much easier!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Another question about solos - 08/01/11 08:00 PM
I am going to head upstairs after dinner and load a (more specifically a COPY of a) song into RB rather than BIAB and play with it there to see what I am missing out on. I have never even loaded RB because I have not had to. Should be an interesting evening as I retrain myself and learn no stuff.

Hey it took me 3 months to realize that I am supposed to hit replay and not play because play regenerates everything. I found that out only after noticing that something changed when I revisited a song and hit play instead of replay.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another question about solos - 08/01/11 08:41 PM
If you have issues getting RB to work post here and we can get it working fer ya!
© PG Music Forums