PG Music Home
Posted By: jt3 he new sample tank - 12/14/12 02:50 PM
does anyone have some tips or tricks on this new feature. I've messed with it some really don't have a handle on what it will do for me. will i have to set up each songs midi parts?
thanks John
Posted By: DrDan Re: The new sample tank - 12/15/12 03:47 PM
will i have to set up each songs midi parts?

Yes, that is because with VSTs and Synths like ST we are moving out of the GM standard which was the orgins of all BIAB midi. BIAB is still fully GM compliant, but has now given us more flexiblity in sounds. With that flexibilty comes more responsiblilty on our part. BIAB does so many things, much of which certainly does not required sounds beyound those provided in a good GM synth (Coyote forte). Remember you can still use the GM for many of the instruments and just add ST for that extra sweet orchestral instrument. You decide if it is worth the extra effort.
Posted By: jt3 Re: The new sample tank - 12/16/12 05:59 AM
thank you for some kind of idea what this is all about I kind of stopped trying to figure it out. you mentioned I can still use the GM synth will they both work at the same time? John
Posted By: DrDan Re: The new sample tank - 12/16/12 06:15 PM
Quote:

... you mentioned I can still use the GM synth will they both work at the same time? John

Yes, exactly.

And by the way, the moderator should be the one to move this thread to the OT forum to keep this space for tips and tricks.
© PG Music Forums