PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock BB Chord Output to Cubase - 03/25/15 01:02 AM
BB Chord Output to Cubase

The best way to use this feature is to go to the Preferences dialog (Opt. | Preferences) and access the Output Chords on Channel dialog with the [OutputCh.] button.

Change the "# ticks before chord change to output" to 0 to sync

Click the Save As Button > save to midi file

Cubase > BB Chord Output track > Project > Chord Track > Map to Chord Track

You can also render the chord sheet to Video in BB as most DAWs accept Video.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 03/28/15 04:30 PM
Great tip, SR. Thanks for that!
Trevor
Posted By: wbe Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 11/08/15 05:11 AM
Can you explain it in detail? I have tried it , but it didn't work. Perhaps I have done something wrong. In BiaB I have checked the item "Write to midi-track" in the output-chord options. But after exporting and importing the midi-file to Cubase, there isn't any track in Cubase, which contain the chords. What kind of track should it be?
Posted By: solidrock Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 11/08/15 06:13 AM

Preferences dialog (Opt. | Preferences) and access the Output Chords on Channel dialog with the [OutputCh.] button.

You can open in RB first if you like and click on the BB Chord Output track > Ctrl+A then drag track number to mid in the drop station then out into Cubase or a folder, this will give just the BB Chord Output midi.

The next version BB/RB should have Output Chords to Midi markers with midi file, this will give the Chords in the Markers of any DAW.

Another Option here: Export Chord Window & Tracks to DAW's
Posted By: wbe Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 11/10/15 08:48 AM
Thanks for your help, but it doesn't work for me. I have used exactly the settings , but there is no track with the chords in the exported midi-file. I must say that I'm using the Mac-version of BiaB. So, I can't export the file to RB and drag it to Cubase. But the chord-track should be in the file, so that Cubase should display it, but it isn't. When I try to open the exported midi-file with another midifile-player, I get the message that the file is corrupted. Perhaps its a matter of BiaB for Mac, which is really half of the Windows-version. I'm quite disappointed about all the stuff, that doesn't work or exit in the Mac-version.
Posted By: solidrock Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 11/10/15 10:00 AM
Yes right you are, this is what I got from the Mac midi file, just the count-in on Track 8 when I opened it in Realband:

The only other way is it all works good on Mac when you run WinBB with WinOnX.
But I will have another go tomorrow.
Posted By: solidrock Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 11/10/15 05:35 PM
You can also try some other simple midi rhythm tracks that BB generates to get the chords from, there is PNOSIMP4.STY that does held piano chords but it plays the root on the octave so Cubase reads it as another chord. Just try some other ones, I will have a look later when I get back.
Posted By: solidrock Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 11/18/15 12:37 AM
Quote:
You're right, this feature (in MacBB) doesn't appear to be working. I'll report this to the development team so it can be fixed.

Thank you,

PG Music Inc.

If you want to upload your SGU chords I can create a BB Chord Output midi file for you.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 02/05/16 04:51 PM
Does this work in Pro Tools?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 02/08/16 06:41 PM
pt only has chord markers that need to be put in manually
http://www.protoolsproduction.com/chordsymbols/

you can insert the band in a box midi chord track into pt then use
http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiChordAnalyzer to display the chords
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 02/09/16 12:48 AM
somewhere I read they were going to give an option to export band in a box and real band chord names to midi markers so any daw you transfer the midi and real tracks to it will show the chords as markers - that will be very useful.

They could also write the chords into the real tracks wav files as cues as most will read the cues.
Posted By: sj1 Re: BB Chord Output to Cubase - 06/12/20 02:32 PM
The above pictured workflow for exporting via 'Output Chords on Channel' works well here for me (BIAB 2020 Win10).

Muting all the tracks by muting the Master before doing the export causes only the Chords to be output to a single track (nice and clean!) which is what I am generally aiming for here.

© PG Music Forums