PG Music Home
Posted By: Noel96 HOW TO: Post an image - 12/27/16 08:22 PM
How to post an image.

1. Switch from "Quick Reply" screen mode to "Full Reply Screen" (IMAGE 1, below).

2. When in Full Reply Screen, use "File Manager" to browse to and add one or more graphics. "File Manager is located beneath the left side of the text window. (IMAGE 2)

Description: IMAGE 1 - switching from "Quick Reply" screen to "Full Reply" screen.
Attached picture posting graphics file manager.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2 - File Manager for browsing to and adding a graphic to a post
Attached picture posting graphics file manager2.JPG
Posted By: Pipeline Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 12/28/16 04:59 PM
Further to Noel's much needed guide..
To add an Animated image "GIF"
This was recorded with free Screen2Gif https://screentogif.codeplex.com/releases/view/629927
was set @ 8 frames per sec at the bottom.
Just make sure it is 2meg or under in size after saving (if not shorten the record time) to upload as an image attachment.
If your uploaded image is only showing the link, right click link copy link/target Location then edit post and add image using the Image icon or inset the image link in the Link icon to open in new tab.

Open this animation image in new Tab

Adjust Screen2Gif to fit the area

Then Save Gif

Attached File
BB_Screen2Gif_Capture.jpg  (419 downloads)
Attached picture BB_Screen2Gif_Save.jpg
Posted By: w Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 05/30/18 08:05 PM
and how is this done, please

Attached picture screenJPEG 2018-05-30 at 5.03.30 PM.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 05/31/18 02:01 AM
Hi w,

Good to see you.

When you enter a thread, down the bottom of the thread is a space for typing a "Quick reply".

Beneath the Quick Reply window are three buttons... Submit, Preview Reply and Switch To Full Reply Screen.

If you click on "Switch to full reply screen", you'll be taken to the window that contains the "File manager" link for upload graphics. (Note... it's a link and not a button.)

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: w Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 06/21/18 07:18 PM
Noel,

Thanks for your response .

Excuse my poorly worded question .

I wanted to know how you circle/in red those areas which is a huge help to me although I;m a Mac Bander .

What application/programme are you using that can amend screen shots ?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 06/21/18 11:18 PM
W,

I'm sure Noel will respond but you may also find my answer below helpful.

Any Mac friendly image editor will work. +++ HERE +++ is a link to the top ten Mac Image editors.

Another well known Mac product is +++ Paintbrush +++.

The Windows keyboard has a PrntScr (print screen) button that takes a snapshot of the computer screen when depressed. The snapshot is automatically stored in the clipboard which acts as temporary memory storage. Then you open up your image editor program and press Ctrl + V to paste the clipboard content into the editor. You can modify the pasted image using the image editor tools.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 06/22/18 04:06 AM
Hi w,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood and went off along a tangent it seems.

I use PicPick for the graphics. It's free for home use. Unfortunately, it is Windows specific.

"Paintbrush" that Jim's provided a link for above looks like it would do the job. It's simple and looks to have all that's needed.

I just do a screen capture and then load it into a graphics editor.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: w Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 06/24/18 09:12 PM
Thank you Jim and Noel.

Once again you guys are fantastic at offering help on a no charge basis. laugh

For starters I am going with PaintBrush.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: HOW TO: Post an image - 06/22/19 05:44 PM
-Bump-
© PG Music Forums