PG Music Home
This was embarrassingly simple. I have had a problem for a long time where sometimes when I played a backing track in BIAB, the patch in BIAB would switch to a patch set up in the Options/Preferences/Channels. No matter what you changed it to in this setting it always reverted back to something (usually awful, like a de-tuned guitar or chipmunk voice). I have finally figured out (ironically whilst trying to change it in the style maker) that the solution is very simple. You merely select the correct midi patch in the soloist or melody track on the mixer and it populates the channels menu. Then there is no need to actually set up the patch in the soloist or melody channel. Too easy! You would still set up your cc commands in the actual step edit option of the soloist or midi menu.

I realise this is of no interest to anyone unless they are trying to drive external midi gear using midi! grin
Sadly, the above post is not a solution as on my system none of the external midi commands for my guitar effects unit and vocal effects unit will change. Interestingly, in the step edit screen , I can click on each effect using the play button and the effect changes correctly on both units. I can only assume that it must be a bug in BIAB 2017 that stops then changing automatically.
I did the latest update and a system reset, and all seems well in midi land. One interesting 'feature' I've found with BIAB 2017 is that if you set the levels of the melody and soloist channels to 0 or any other value, it alters the volume in my Voicelive 2, which explains why I was loosing all my volumes live. grin It wrecked a couple of streaming sessions, but, the plus side is that you can use those sliders to alter the midi volume levels on your patches. I'd like to think it was a feature.... grin
© PG Music Forums