PG Music Home
Found there an update for the WD my passport (ultra) drives BIAB audiophile comes with. Speeds up transfers quite a bit on my system: WD Universal Firmware Updater for Windows - F
Wow, cool. I would never have thought to look for that. It works on Windows Vista through 10, on either 32 or 64 bit. It also applies to many other WD products your system may have:

My Book, My Book, My Book for Mac, My Book Pro, My Book Duo, My Passport Ultra, My Passport SSD, My Passport, My Passport Ultra (WD Backup), My Passport Ultra Metal, My Passport for Mac, My Passport for Mac, My Passport Air, WD easystore Portable, WD easystore Desktop

The only thing I want to watch for when I run it is the customary warning about backups, since updating firmware has the potential to brick equipment. If your AC power isn’t solid, don’t try this without a UPS to plug into.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
The only thing I want to watch for when I run it is the customary warning about backups, since updating firmware has the potential to brick equipment. If your AC power isn’t solid, don’t try this without a UPS to plug into.

Yeah backing up is taking up quite a lot of time at times; I just decided to get a new USB 3.0 Sonnet Pro card with 4 extra busses, especially since it has separate controllers for each USB connector. USB 3.0 copying with the WD's usually begins quite fast, at around 100 MB/sec and then slow down some times to around 25 MB/s even. Curious if this helps. BTW don't fall for the cheaper old (Sonnet non-pro) model, as it only has one controller it seems, the situation i have now. - F
© PG Music Forums