PG Music Home
The Band-in-a-Box and RealBand user manuals are often overlooked as resources. That's a shame since updated pdf files are typically included as part of each program update. Here's some things I've done to make the manuals easier to use for me.

I've created a shortcut for each manual on my desktop. It's easy to create a shortcut; just find the pdf file, right click and select > "send to" > "desktop (create shortcut)". The Band-in-a-Box manual is located in the X:/BB directory where X = drive program is installed on. The RealBand manual is located in the X:/RealBand directory.

I've copied the pdf files to an e-reader for offline reading.
Great tip!
Excellent tip, one I also use.

The beauty of having the manuals in PDF form is Ctrl+F (the Windows hot key for Find) to search for what you want.
I have put a copy of both manuals into iBooks on my iPad. That way I can sit here in my lounge chair and read the bits I want. Very easy to search and locate stuff. I find it easier than trying to read a computer monitor. My iPad is a hand me down from my wife.

Tony
PG Music has all manuals available for download. The manuals are available +++ HERE +++
Thanks, Jim.

That's excellent.
Two more comments.

1) An easy way to use the manuals as a reference guide is to look at the Table Of Content (TOC) in the front of the manual or Index at the back of the manual. Click on any entry that interests you and your viewer will advance to that location. All the TOC and Index entries are hyperlinked for easier access. Thank Andrew for performing all that work!

2) PDFs are sometimes difficult to read on an e-reader or tablet. Many times when you try to zoom in the font size will increase but graphics will not display and the page layout gets funky. +++ Calibre +++ is a free, e-book management program that can convert pdf files to other formats for easier viewing on different devices.
© PG Music Forums