PG Music Home
Posted By: Cowboy Buddha Song Form Question - 08/16/18 09:29 AM

First, let me say thanks to all the bright folks on the forum who know so much about this wonderful product - I've learned so much from your posts.

I'm having difficulties with the song form function I hope someone can address. When I create a song form (say, using folk guitar) the riffs will change when the song parts are arranged by the song form dialogue--even if the tracks are frozen and saved.

What I'd like to do is rearrange portions of the song and have them stay intact. Apparently, when a riff is no longer preceded or followed by the original chords, it will change. Is there any way to prevent this?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Song Form Question - 08/16/18 09:23 PM
I imagine that you'd get more response to this post if you created a thread in the BIAB Windows or Mac forum. This forum is primarily designed as a place that users can post tricks and processes that they've discovered when using BIAB, etc.

In the meantime, I'll try and help.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Just to clarify...

1. I take it that you are referring to the Song Form Maker tool that lets a user define A, B, C, etc., sections and then allows the user to instruct BIAB as to the order in which these defined sections are played.

2. I'm not quite sure mean by "no longer preceded or followed by the original chords"?

Are you saying that if originally you had Section B follow Section A (and Section A ended on a particular chord), if you then change the order so that Section B follows Section C (and C ends on a chord different from Section A), then the two riffs leading to Section B (i.e. A to B and C to B) are different?

If so, this is how BIAB works, the riffs will be chord specific and it's likely that what the musician played for a riff on a C chord is different from what the musician played for a riff on (say) a G7 chord, etc.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Cowboy Buddha Re: Song Form Question - 08/22/18 11:05 AM
Thanks for the clarification. This is why I'm not able to "quilt together" a song through song form function because of the dependencies.
© PG Music Forums