PG Music Home
A number of folks have commented that with the new 64-bit BIAB they no longer have access to their old 32-bit plugins. For 32-bit DX and DXi plugins that don't have corresponding 64-bit versions, this is true (and we understand from PGMusic that the PGMusic built-in plugins should be updated to 64-bit; likewise for the Coyote WT and Coyote Forte DXi synths).

However, in the interim, if you have a registered jBridge program, you can still use your 32-bit VST/VSTi plugins in the 64-bit BIAB. When we only had the 32-bit BIAB, jbridge allowed you to automatically load 64-bit plugins into the 32-bit BIAB. However, the reverse (at least for now) is not true. You can't just load a 32-bit VST/VSTi plugin into the 64-bit BIAB. You will get an error message when you do.

The good news is that when you install jBridge, you also get a little utility called jbridger.exe. This utility allows you to manually wrap VST/VSTi's for use in a DAW that doesn't support those plugins. Most people use it to enable 64-bit plugins in 32-bit DAW's. However, jbridger also lets you go the other way. You can create wrapped 32-bit plugins that work in a 64-bit DAW.

The video below demonstrates how to do that for BIAB 2019 64-bit version. I hope this helps some folks out who thought they had lost access to their plugins.

Thanks John

That helped me out a good bit, as I have a hit and a miss relationship with jbridge.
Glad to help.
© PG Music Forums