PG Music Home
Both current versions of RealBand and PowerTracks Pro are 32 bit programs. SampleTank 4 is a 64 bit program and therefore will not work in Realband and PowerTracks unless you use jBridge. Bringing up jBridge as its installed will allow you to open SampleTank 4 but it will not let RealBand or PowerTracks control the volume, pan or other controls in SampleTank 4.

You can buy jBridge directly from PG music for a reduced price! By the way, the newest version of jBridge, 1.75, works extremely well with RealBand and Powertracks. You can upgrade your version by visiting the jBridge web site.

Here's how to configure jBridge to allow the "Midi Learn" functions in SampleTank 4 to be controlled by RealBand or PowerTracks Pro.

I have to thank Joao Fernandes for this tip. Joao is the developer of jBridge and worked quite a bit with me to understand how RealBand and PowerTracks are working in the background with SampleTank 4. The problem is not how SampleTank 4, Realband or PowerTracks are responding, but instead is how jBridge is configured to work with them.

To setup SampleTank 4 to work with RealBand or PowerTracks:

1. right click on the track you want to add SampleTank 4 to.
2. Click on "Add specific VSTi or DXi to the MIDI track" from the pulldown
3. Select SampleTank 4 from your loaded .dll's
4. On the track header in PT, click on the blue "Edit Vsti Fx button" to open SampleTank 4
5. At the bottom of the SampleTank 4 display, click on "jBridge settings". Up may have to scroll up to see this at the bottom of the SampleTank 4 display.
6. In the jBridge setting dialogue, click on "GUI always on top" and "audio Master Get Time Hack"
7. Close all windows and completely close PT or RB. This is important!
8. Reopen PT or RB
9. Now assign SampleTank 4 to your track, select ST4 instrument you want to use
10. On the volume or pan ST4 slider, right click to pull up MIDILearn and follow the popup instructions to get ST4 to control volume and Pan in RB / PT

Jeff
Mountainside (Jeff),

Thanks for posting this information. I'm sure it will prove useful to SampleTank 4 and Band-in-a-Box users.

Here's four related links users may also find useful:

+++ PG Music jBridge for Windows webpage +++

+++ PG Music jBridge for Mac webpage +++

+++ The jBridge for Windows webpage +++

+++ The jBridge for Mac webpage +++
© PG Music Forums