PG Music Home
The soloist feature in BIAB is pretty amazing. The sax is particularly great because it is so hard to do a realistic sax solo with typical music software. A lot harder than a piano or guitar.

For me, though, there is a problem. While it is built from real recordings of musicians, the stitching together of the solos is done by a computer algorithm. A brilliant algorithm, but if you are fussy like me, you still might not be happy with the results after generating many tries.

This is how I get BIAB to do exactly what I want it to. This works of course with any BIAB soloist. You do have to take the audio files out and put them into a DAW. I demonstrate with Cubase, but it should work in a similar way in any DAW that has the comping feature.

Let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/9qO9RJMQ8NA

Moderator: I also posted this in the "Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production" forum, before I found this. If that's against the rules, please remove that one, as I think this is more a Tip and Trick.
Hi, Reid.

Yep, that's also the way I do it.

There's also an option to Generate MultiRiffs automatically. But it comes with a big caveat: it replaces all the first 7 tracks in your song with the solo tracks.

It does this without warning that it's going to overwrite your song, so be sure you save the song before using the MultiRiff option!
© PG Music Forums