PG Music Home
Posted By: Roger Brown Interesting trick I learned in BIAB - 05/02/21 09:10 PM
I'm not sure that this applies to all genres, but it's has worked for me with quite a few so I thought I'd share.

One of the problems I occasionally run into is in generating solos with realtracks. The initial pass just isn't what I'm wanting, so I hit regenerate a few times and usually I get something I like and can use.

On occasion, however, it seems like the solo instrument gets "stuck" - I can keep regenerating it, but I get basically the same solo over and over with very, very minor changes. Sometimes what the soloist 'plays' just isn't very musical - wrong notes, or wonky changes, etc.

My workaround for the above is this. When the soloist track isn't changing, or is getting worse - I pick a different solo instrument/player (doesn't matter what). I regenerate with the new soloist, but then immediately stop the track and go back and replace it with the original realtrack solo I wanted. Regenerate, and voila....it gets "unstuck".

Many of you have been using the program longer than I have, and this may be old news or has been discussed before. It has been helpful for me though, and thought I'd share.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Interesting trick I learned in BIAB - 05/02/21 10:07 PM
Thanks for the tip. I admit I never use the BIAB soloist (that’s my job) but I’ve never heard this tip.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Interesting trick I learned in BIAB - 05/03/21 10:41 AM
I use the Soloist tracks with RT's extensively. Have got to give this a try. Thanks for the tip!

Jeff
© PG Music Forums