PG Music Home
I responded to a query from David Snyder in the Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production section.
His question was Does Anyone Know How to Convert Real Drums to Midi???? was greeted with enthusiasm and another member, MountainSide, suggested that I post this tip here, so here goes.

1.Using a drum style with notation, drag the drums from the Mixer panel or from the top panel into the MID section of the drag'n drop area at top left just below the Master.

2.After a couple of seconds the MID section will turn green.

3.Put BIAB into DAW mode then drag MID into an empty RB track.

4.Edit/Midi/Split Midi Drums will separate the drums into individual tracks.

5.Drums split into individual tracks.

Hope this is of use,

Vintage

edit; I tried to add pictures using the File Manager function, but they don't show?
Great Post Vintage. Thank you for taking your time to share your knowledge with everyone.
Originally Posted By: VintageGibson
I tried to add pictures using the File Manager function, but they don't show?

Try renaming the pictures to .JPG. Some other picture formats may not be accepted.
I Have followed the instructions but when I get to step three
I am unable to drag the green mid file into an empty track.

(the drum track shows notation-Im using the latest BB and Im using windows10)
Many thanks in advance.
Rob4580
An even simpler way is to just mute all the other tracks and save the song as a midi file, the program then automatically takes care of the rest and no flaky drag-n'-drops needed cool
Sorry, can't help much, I have never had any problems dragging MID from BIAB into RB.
BIAB should be in DAW mode and visible in reduced size overlaying RB.

Vintage
Can this method be used in Reaper? Or does it only work with Real Band?
Thank you!
Reaper Item > Item Processing > Explode MIDI item by note..

Attached picture Reaper-Split-Midi-Drums.gif
Thank you for this, I apologize that it took me awhile to see your reply! I really appreciate it!!!
© PG Music Forums