PG Music Home
Forum members seemed to have enjoyed hearing my rendition of WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN. I have gone ahead and recorded Gershwin's SUMMERTIME for your listening pleasure. Again, I have programmed the chord changes in Band in a Box, made a MIDI file and then opened up in LogicExpress where I did my piano thing. I changed the bass line to accomodate chord subs but hardly did anything with the drums - perhaps I'll go back and fancy it up a bit. Nothing with panning or EQ either - apparently it sounded just fine without much tampering.
Constructive feedback always welcome. Here's the link and thanks for listening. Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=130797
Geroge, move this over to "Off-Topic" to get some airtime

Yes, the OT forum is for: "....for music-related discussions that aren't about PG Music products. " In this case the discussion will be about your version of Summertime.

OT is traditionally where folks post there arrangements and compositions routinely. You will get good feedback from the nice folks over in OT.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Dan
Very nice indeed, one mo' time.

And yes, post this on the Off Topic Forum, along with your Saints one, too!

That's where people typically go to listen to user's submisssions and yours are great ones!

--Mac
George:

If that's you playing, my hat is off to you - way off.

What piano sound are you using?

Glenn
Yes, that's me on the keys. I've been playing, practicing, improvising, and teaching this piece in several keys over the past few months and so had a lot of ideas from which to choose. The piano, oddly enough, is just the lowly and much maligned Steinway that comes with Garageband/Logic.
Great rendition! Perfect mix.

Quote:

Yes, that's me on the keys. The piano, oddly enough, is just the lowly and much maligned Steinway that comes with Garageband/Logic.

It is not necessarily the sound that makes it but the person playing the sound. That was the case here, great chops.
George:

I was replying to the post you deleted on the other forum, and when I went to send, I found it had been deleted.

Very nicely done George - the playing and production. I like my KR-7 too (other than me, you're the first person I know that has one), however I gave up on the internal sound. Just tonight, I loaded up a wave file I had recorded on it a few years ago - I had forgotten how thin the sound was, especially in the bass.

Glenn
Glenn-

Yes, acquired the KR-7 through a publisher. Love playing it but, like you, only use it as a controller.

George
Quote:

Glenn-

Yes, acquired the KR-7 through a publisher. Love playing it but, like you, only use it as a controller.

George

The local Long and McQuade has a KR-107 in stock (the KR7's successor - it's been here for quite a while). I tried it a few months ago. Other than a slight rearrangement of the some buttons, I couldn't tell them apart.

I guess they were going to blow the world away with the V-Piano. I tried one a few weeks ago, and be darned if it didn't sound much like my KR7. Fortunately, I was a beta tester for Pianoteq, and received the Pro version gratis. I often tool a sound for a specific song.

Glenn
hi George! awesome playing eric
Very nice piano, but why MIDI?
Realtracks on bass and drums would sound a whole lot better.

Check out the date on the original post, Mike.

RealTracks were not available then on the version of BB used.

--Mac
Top Shelf in every aspect!

Later,
That sounds amazing! Well done. smile
© PG Music Forums