PG Music Home
Originally Posted By: Funkifized
I've got an 8-bar section I inputted just for the purpose of putting a solo. How do I force a solo into a specific 8-bar section?

A method I really like is one PG Music developers use in this situation in many of the BIAB demos. They select RT #1152-Silence first and alternate between it and any other selected RealTrack.

They replace RT#1152 with the Soloist RT chosen for the solo at the bar the solo is to begin. In the bar following the solo outro, replace the Soloist RT with RT#1152 again. This can be repeated anywhere in the chord chart for fills, a second solo and so forth.

PG Music developers have described this as a better option than using the mute command because Mute-Back to normal can result in abrupt, awkward intro's and endings. Sometimes a phrase is cutoff midway through the phrase itself. Using F5/Mute-Back to normal command is applied after the BIAB algorithm has selected audio for a track.

Using RT1152 prompts the BIAB to select different audio for intros and endings and is applied to the audio track as the BIAB algorithm selects audio for the track so the intros and endings are anticipated and audio selected is adjusted to reflect their occurrence throughout the song.

To recap:

1) Open mixer Rt. Click any of the legacy tracks (B/P/G/S/M/S)- Select RT#1152 to insert onto the selected track.
2) At any bar you want the Soloist instrument to play, open Bar Settings, Select RealTrack Button and insert the Soloist instrument
3) Repeat this to use RT#1152-Silence to mute and unmute so the Soloist RT plays only when you want it to.
Charlie.

i thought i knew a few tricks but this is an AWESOME IDEA. KUDOS mate.

best
om
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Charlie.

i thought i knew a few tricks but this is an AWESOME IDEA. KUDOS mate.

best
om

Thanks. RT1152 is a great tool and very unique. A note about it that may interest you is it doesn't work reliably in RealBand or the VST Plug-in. In most cases, it's ignored. I have found if RT1152 is placed at the beginning of a track in RB, there's silence until the RT is replaced by another RT that produces audio. Otherwise, RT1152 is ignored.
Charlie, great tip, well explained. Thank you.
Thanks Matt and OM.

Charlie
Great tip!
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for this hint! This could probably be a solution for a wish I posted some time ago, not knowing about this feature.

Unfortunately it only works with the standalone version. With the latest V5.09 Windows plugin, the solo always stops and returns to silence after 2 bars. (Opening the same physical .SGU file in both applications)

Such kind of inconsistencies between standalone and plugin really drive me crazy. Maybe I have to open another bug ticket,
Originally Posted By: Roland S
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for this hint! This could probably be a solution for a wish I posted some time ago, not knowing about this feature.

Unfortunately it only works with the standalone version. With the latest V5.09 Windows plugin, the solo always stops and returns to silence after 2 bars. (Opening the same physical .SGU file in both applications)

Such kind of inconsistencies between standalone and plugin really drive me crazy. Maybe I have to open another bug ticket,

Yes, in my experience I've found this tip to be most reliable in the main BIAB program and it doesn't work reliably in RealBand or the VST Plug-in. It's also used quite a bit with MultiStyles.
© PG Music Forums