PG Music Home
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Add a Click Track to any BIAB Song - 09/26/22 11:24 AM
A BIAB user has hundreds of songs to add a click track to for live performance where it's necessary to have a discreet click track on one channel and an accompaniment track on the other channel so the signal can be split to send the click track to monitors and the accompaniment track to the front of house speakers the audience will hear.

There's currently two simultaneous threads in the Band in a Box Forum discussing various methods for adding a click track to a BIAB song project. Several methods were explained but all of the successful methods required using a DAW to split the BIAB stereo render into the dual mono track required to isolate each channel and avoid crosstalk.

Link to Discussion: BIAB click discussion

Here's a video with no narration showing the steps to make a click track/accompaniment track dual mono file using only BIAB. This technique can be applied to any BIAB file regardless whether it's midi, SuperMidi, RealTracks or an imported audio file.

To be clear, this is a BIAB feature and not a work around. PG Music has developed several MIDI metronome styles and a Clicktrk.sty making adding a click track to a BIAB project as simple as changing styles. Although this demonstration video runs about seven minutes, the actual technique to have a dual mono track song composed of a click track and accompaniment track only takes about 30 seconds to compile.

Add a Click Track to any BIAB Song
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Add a Click Track to any BIAB Song - 09/26/22 12:05 PM
I couldn't find the clictrk.sty file after searching hard, but I have some metronome*.sty files. Run the demo with it and it worked. If someone can tell me where to find this clictrk.sty, thanks in advance.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Add a Click Track to any BIAB Song - 09/26/22 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
I couldn't find the clictrk.sty file after searching hard, but I have some metronome*.sty files. Run the demo with it and it worked. If someone can tell me where to find this clictrk.sty, thanks in advance.

Clictrk.sty Link
© PG Music Forums