PG Music Home
I have used this program since it came on floppy disk and purchased many versions since including multiple audiophile versions. I buy a new version every year or two and have always been very happy until my last purchase. In 2022 Bib introduced a feature with singing on the quick play pre-made demos with no apparent way to get rid of them without checking each style before playing. This requires clicking "load song demo" and selecting one of the tracks without vocals; unless there are no vocals on that style which you have no way of knowing before checking. Some seem to have the vocals on both versions. All this takes decidedly longer and you end up hearing the vocal versions anyway which to me is like having someone play the radio while I'm trying to work on my own music.

I tried making my own track and saving it to disk but the program defaults to the internet instead. I tried disconnecting my computer from the internet but this seems to disable quick play altogether. This is a miserable feature in an otherwise great program that greatly diminishes its' utility and it's only worse in the 2023 version. There needs to be a simple way for users to deselect this feature. I had to take a hard pass this year hoping this will be addressed in the 2024 version. In the mean time does anyone know a better work around?
Hello jallen107 and welcome to the forum.

I noticed you posted a +++ Wishlist +++ suggestion to add a selection for demo songs to play with, or without vocals.

You may want to post a version of this post expressing your desire to eliminate the vocal in vocal demos in the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows +++ forum section.

I don't believe your post here will receive the views and attention you desire.
You can remove the demos with vocals and replace them with one without the vocals.

Wherever your RealTracks you are using are:

bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio

render the demo style sgu to a short wma (without count-in) then rename it to the style name eg: _ACCNTRY.wma
© PG Music Forums