PG Music Home
Posted By: gram Quantizing Audio? [Resolved] - 10/11/23 07:47 PM
I would like to apply some quantize to audio tracks. In Real Bands Audio Edit Window there is a 'Snap' button which highlights when clicked. The tooltip states that if this is enabled, highlighting a region of audio data with the mouse will make the audio snap to the nearest beat. I have clicked on the 'Snap' button so I'm presuming that enables the function, but when I highlight a region of audio data nothing seems to happen. Is this meant to align recorded audio notes to the nearest beat or am I off track with this?

Thanks
Gram
Posted By: Del Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/11/23 08:07 PM
The snap function allows you to highlight a section of audio so that it starts at the beginning of the measure or at any other interval of the measure on the beat. For instance if you wish to select the audio from measure 34-1-0 to 34-3-119 the snap function will let you do this easily. Without snap enabled you would click on the track in the vicinity of 34-1-0 but you might be off and would have to enter the exact coordinates manually to copy and paste.
Posted By: gram Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/11/23 08:20 PM
Thanks for explaining that Del, it seems the 'Snap' function doesn't actually do what I was looking for but it will still come in useful.

Gram
Posted By: Del Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/11/23 10:04 PM
You are welcome, I use this feature a lot when editing tracks.
Posted By: gram Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/11/23 10:36 PM
Hi Del, Yes it will come in useful, is there any way to quantize audio in RealBand or is it only MIDI that can be quantized? I don't want to quantize everything but it would be a useful function to have for certain parts. I know there are other programs I could use to quantize audio if it can't be done in RealBand.
Posted By: rharv Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/11/23 10:48 PM
Quantize is a function of MIDI.

In RB you can use the Audio Edit window and zoom in to a section, highlight it, and drag it a small amount to line up where you want it by holding down the CTRL button and dragging the section.
That way you can line up the waveform peaks with the lines for the bars, which is what Quantizing would do ..
Posted By: gram Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/11/23 11:16 PM
Thanks rharv, that should actually do what I need!
Posted By: rharv Re: Quantizing Audio? - 10/13/23 08:00 PM
Glad I could help
Also, In RB there is a setting for Resolution that allows more accurate dragging.
It defaults to 120 per beat but can be adjusted up to 3840 which allows more accurate edits.
It is under Options - Resolution
The more granular you can get, the more accurate your edits are.
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: Quantizing Audio? [Resolved] - 12/12/23 02:19 PM
FWIW
I quantize audio in Studio One and UA Luna and I’m pretty sure it’s pretty much a standard feature in most DAWs
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Quantizing Audio? [Resolved] - 12/12/23 04:01 PM
Just a point to remember, Since RB is not clip based it will not work like Studio One, but as RHarv pointed out there is a tool in RN to accomplish this. Different methods same results. RB is super deep and somewhat messy and needs some clean up, but is is slowly getting better.
© PG Music Forums