PG Music Home
Ever since I upgraded to BIAB/RealBand 2010, my desktop icon for RB has the little Vista "User Account Control" shield graphic on it, and when I double-click it, it always asks if I want to Allow it to open or Cancel it, since it's by an "Unidentified Publisher". "Unidentified program wants access to your computer". It's a minor annoyance - I simply click Allow - but it's just strange since this never occured with the previous version, nor with the new, concurrently installed BIAB 2010. And I've always had my User Account Control (UAC) on, in previous versions, without this behavior.

I already tried the right-click-the-icon>Properties>ShortcutTab>Advanced>Run As Administrator. But that's sort of what it's already doing, namely, warning me - as the Administrator - about an "unidentified" program. I also tried deleting the shortcut, navigating to the actual executable, and creating a new desktop shortcut, but no joy. The little shield thingy, and the subsequent Warning, still appear.

Did RB 2010 perhaps somehow not get registered or associated correctly with Vista upon installation? Thanks for any insights.

- Bob K.
I get that from the STOM^.exe program that is required of RB and PT. I believe it is the part of the program that converts files, so the OS sees it as a threat (wants to filework do behind the scenes).

I just click OK and go on.
Well, I went ahead and followed the instructions on the following page, and it now opens with no prompt:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Foru...56-25e99f144262

But yeah, not really a big deal just clicking "Allow". I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something major wrong with my installation. Thanks for the feedback on it.
...I should say, you have to be logged in as Admin to get the above method to work, apparently. And it'll change your shortcut to a generic graphic, so you have to then right-click it, choose Properties>ShortcutTab>Change Icon, then navigate to your executable and it'll make its icon your shortcut icon.

Thing is, I still haven't gotten it (the no-prompt method) to work with my Native Instruments Service Center. I mean, it will do away with the prompt just fine, but... it then won't open the program - just *poof* - gone. So I then just deleted the newly created, non-responsive shortcut, navigated to the actual executable and right-clicked>Send To Desktop (create shortcut). UAC prompt, big deal.

At least if you can reduce the number of programs requiring an "Okay", it might be a benefit...

Otherwise, just move on. Nothing to see here.
© PG Music Forums