PG Music Home
Posted By: critter TC Helicon Voice Live 2 - 05/14/10 04:07 AM
This is for "Mike Sings" or anyone who has a voice live 2. I did a lot of music room cleaning, got rid of a lot of old gear that wasn't being used anymore, sold the stuff to Guitar Center for trade purposes and got a Ibanez lefty guitar for almost nothing. Anyway, I want to plug the VL-2 into the computer, I updated it for version 2, the update instructions gives different ways to hook it up with just the usb cable, has anyone done this that way? My thought is to leave the mic and guitar plugged in all the time. Will this work with RB set up that way or do I need to still use fast track pro? Also, can I put the harmony in like in RB and generate it like in RB? The reason I ask is to maybe avoid a bunch of cable runs. My wife likes the open floor for vacuuming, LOL Thanks
Posted By: Marcus2323 Re: TC Helicon Voice Live 2 - 05/14/10 11:34 AM
You can use it with just the usb if you like. It will interpret the chords/harmony's for you based on your preset by just allowing BIAB to play back. You will have to set up the driver though! There is documentation on how to do this all on the web site. I do the same thing by keeping my guitar and mic still plugged in.

A new support software is coming out next week that will improve file sharing etc.

Mark
Posted By: Mike sings Re: TC Helicon Voice Live 2 - 05/14/10 01:43 PM
What Mark said. There's a good community for VoiceLive users available: The VoiceCouncil Forum. Here you can find a lot of useful information.

Am I right that you asked if you can run a pre-recorded (dry) vocal from RB to the VL2 and record the harmonies? If so, the answer is yes (it should be). It works for most DAWs and I see no reason why it wouldn't in RB.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to check for you right now; kinda hectic right now (I have a gig tonight until 1:30 AM (home around 3:00 AM, a recording session in a pro-studio tomorrow (for my own CD ) , starting at 10:00 AM and tomorrow night another gig) It's tough, I know, but I think I can handle it
© PG Music Forums