PG Music Home
Posted By: Andy T RTs not rendering - 06/27/11 11:45 AM
Hi, what might cause only part of a track to render in Real Band? When I try to add a single Real Track, I select the whole track and also check that it is actually selected so I know that it is, but when I add a real track it only adds 1 bar of music.

I have BIAB 2011, and have installed all the RB and BIAB updates including 2 real track updates.

When I first started putting the song together it worked fine and rendered a couple of tracks but started to give trouble soon after. I thought that the file was corrupt so started afresh with a new file but the same thing happened. I then reinstalled all the updates but that didn't help.

Cheers
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: RTs not rendering - 06/27/11 05:00 PM
Sounds like a only a portion of the track is highlighted before the RealTrack is generated.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: RTs not rendering - 06/27/11 05:05 PM
I have had that problem before as well. I have had it come up short by 10 or 20 bars, only render 1, render a bunch but not all. I have even had it not want to render at all.

Very random indeed! One thing was i had to fiddle with the bar count somewhere in RB.

Some files will not render, and I assume that the file is bad somewhere, but i have so much else done i have not wanted to change it yet.

Recently the last three bars went bad on one song, and it glitches about the third from the end bar, and then straightens out. Very weird.
Posted By: rharv Re: RTs not rendering - 06/27/11 06:47 PM
Depending on how you are generating, there is a box that defaults to 32 measures in the BB generation section. I have seen this limit how much will get generated in certain instances.

Make sure system is set to use the 'From-Thru' settings from highlited region.
Posted By: jford Re: RTs not rendering - 06/27/11 07:19 PM
And the ending bar you select is important if you use the 2-bar ending feature; otherwise, it sounds like the RT keeps playing when the rest of the band stops.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: RTs not rendering - 06/27/11 11:39 PM
John i noticed that! I gotta go back and fix a few files due to that little issue
Posted By: Andy T Re: RTs not rendering - 06/28/11 10:11 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've narrowed it down a bit. It only seems to happen with any of the harmonica tracks. other instruments seem okay. The selected track is showing from-thru -1 to 161 so the whole track is selected but any of the harmonicas will only generate on track one. And, once I have put a harmonica on a track then try and put another instrument over the top of it on the same track (with the whole track selected), the same thing happens (renders to track one only). I have to delete that track to progress with the song.

It doesn't seem to be a corrupt SEQ file as I have deleted the SEQ file twice now and started afresh with a new file.

The song is in 3/4 time.

Blake, is this a bug?
Posted By: Andy T Re: RTs not rendering - 08/08/11 11:33 AM
I thought I'd give an update on this issue that's been bugging me for some time. PG Music has confirmed that you can not properly generate a real track in 3/4 time in RB and that it seems to be an issue with the program. It apparently works in BIAB but not RB.

I look forward to the fix.

Cheers
Posted By: silvertones Re: RTs not rendering - 08/08/11 12:18 PM
some seem to work and some don't. Best to use 3/4 time RTs
Posted By: Andy T Re: RTs not rendering - 08/11/11 09:38 PM
I wasn't aware that there are 3/4 real tracks. I thought that when generating a track in 3/4 time it simply chopped off the 4th beat. in looking at the selection page for RTs I can't see where it indicates a time signature.

Am I missing something?

Cheers
Posted By: rharv Re: RTs not rendering - 08/12/11 12:52 AM
I think there are some RT's that were designed for 3/4. I'm not sure of the proper designation in the selection window. Maybe a Y in the TS column (if Time Signature is set to 3/4)? I'm pretty sure there are actual 3/4 realtracks. Maybe the new filter feature holds some clues.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RTs not rendering - 08/12/11 01:49 AM
As I understand it - any RT designated "Waltz" is 3/4 time.

No whether any designated "even" RT can be used in a waltz style - I don't know.

Ian
Posted By: silvertones Re: RTs not rendering - 08/12/11 12:10 PM
As I said if you set the time signature to 3/4 most of the 4/4 RTs will work. Some don't. There are some RT's that were specifically done in 4/4 time. There are well over 100 3/4 time. In the filter type in waltz & click update
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RTs not rendering - 08/12/11 06:12 PM
If some of the 4/4s can be used as 3/4, it would be nice if indicated as such in one of the columns on the selection sheet...as in "4/4 only".

I can't see that a 4/4 could ever be auditioned for a 3/4
unless you went ahead and generated the 4/4 (saying guitar strum) into a 3/4.

Thanks for the feedback John

Ian
Posted By: silvertones Re: RTs not rendering - 08/12/11 06:34 PM
I don't really care for the sound of the 4/4 tracks being truncated to be used as 3/4. I always use 3/4 Rts only for 3/4 songs.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RTs not rendering - 08/13/11 04:10 PM
With my hearing it's just a complication I don't need to listen for -

Hope the gig's still rolling along well, John.

Andy - best to keep within the "waltz" filter. If you're looking for more waltz RTs
go to the wishlist and make a request if you're looking for something special.

Ian
Posted By: silvertones Re: RTs not rendering - 08/13/11 04:26 PM
Quote:

Hope the gig's still rolling along well, John.

I'm afraid not.My new gig is as a nurse 24/7 to my wife as well as all other household duties. She's in real bad shape. 3rd time with Breast Cancer & treatments and now is down deep with some sort of dementia. A 2year old in an adults body.I have to do everything for her.
TMI I know but I need to let it out to some one and you folks are all I have.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RTs not rendering - 08/13/11 05:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear that John. She is so fortunate to have you though.
You know I figure something had changed over there because you had been
spending what seemed to be more time on the Forum.

Do you have much in the way of any type of medical plan?
We know you have to talk about it - it's a natural process that helps you cope with
the frustrations. So please feel free - you'll always get some listening ears.

Ian
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: RTs not rendering - 08/13/11 05:20 PM
Quote:

TMI I know but I need to let it out to some one and you folks are all I have.

Not TMI at all John. Just enough "I" that we know we need to send prayers your way. Praying that it all works out.
Posted By: silvertones Re: RTs not rendering - 08/13/11 05:45 PM
Yes we do. She's doing treatments for the Cancer and that prognosis is pretty good. Much to the Docs surprise no metastasizes.The down side is that if she has Alzheimer's as well that's not good.Thank God for health insurance.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: RTs not rendering - 08/13/11 11:55 PM
John,
Sorry to hear about your wife, and let's all pray that she gets better.
Posted By: DrDan Re: RTs not rendering - 08/14/11 12:50 AM
John - our prayers from my wife and I to your wife and you during these very difficult times.
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: RTs not rendering - 08/14/11 10:28 AM
John, Thinking and praying for you both.You have many friends here to help you through. Kind regards from Scotland. Joe G.
© PG Music Forums