PG Music Home
Posted By: Rutabago Tranposing 1 chorus. - 07/13/11 10:38 PM
Hi
Using RB 2011 with other than the melody(midi) being real tracks I have a tune in the key of F. I decided to move one chorus up to G so I first changed the chords by typing in the new ones. I also changed the midi melody notes to match. I then selected the whole bass track & generated it expecting it to follow the new chords. It simply ignored the new chords & played the whole tune again in F. Where am I going wrong? I could find no reference to what I am attempting in either the Help or the Vidio tutorial......Hank
Posted By: Rutabago Re: Tranposing 1 chorus. - 07/14/11 12:51 AM
Typo...Transpose, not tranpose....Hank
Posted By: multitracker Re: Tranposing 1 chorus. - 07/14/11 03:12 AM
No reason I can think of why this shouldn't have worked. I'd re-check the chords to make sure the changes stuck, then re-select the bass realtrack and try re-generating once again.

Terry
Posted By: Rutabago Re: Tranposing 1 chorus. - 07/14/11 03:11 PM
Hi Multitracker
There is indeed a reason why it won't work!! MY STUPIDITY. First, thanks for your reply & for informing me that it should work as I was not sure it should. I discovered that I was foolishly using an old shortcut, bringing up an earlier version of RB instad of 2011 RB. Everything, if you'll pardon the pun, is now on track....Thanks again...Hank
Posted By: multitracker Re: Tranposing 1 chorus. - 07/16/11 01:09 AM
Glad you were able to sort it out Hank.

Terry
© PG Music Forums