PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 copy and pastes awful - 08/08/11 08:25 PM
I copied cars that looked like this:

D ^D A/D ^A/D
D ^D A/D ^A/D
D ^D A/D ^A/D
G/D ^G/D Asus A

When I pasted ALL the anticipated notes (caret marks) disappeared.
Posted By: jford Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/08/11 09:01 PM
Hi, Eddie -

It worked fine for me. When the copy screen comes up, make sure the "Chord Symbols" box is checked; likewise when the paste screen comes up. I just used the mouse to highlight multiple bars, then hit CTRL-C (set the options in the popup window), move to the right bar number and hit CTRL-V (set the options in the popup window).
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/08/11 09:34 PM
It copies and pastes fine but it moves the rest of the chords around inside the grids. What was on beat one is pushed to beat 3 on random measures and I have to go back and rest them all, regenerate the song.... risking losing what I already like.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/08/11 09:35 PM
Also how can I "unselect"? Once some measures are selected it's like I can't make that selection go away.
Posted By: rharv Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/08/11 10:41 PM
Try escape key. Should deselect. So would highliting a different selection elswhere.

Another tip, if you want to copy chords you may want to use the Bars window to select the area (so it selects whole bars), or make good and sure your from-thru settings go from the beginning of the first bar thru the very end of the last selected bar. Having either of those out of place will affect what you are copy/pasting. If you *dont* copy from the beginning of the bar, and then go paste at the beginning of bar things will jump around and look funny.

Also you should not have to regenerate the song and risk what you have. Generate just the chosen selection. You don't have to 'generate all' to generate multiple tracks. Just highlite the section, then click ctrl and click the track numbers you want to generate.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/09/11 01:51 AM
Thanks to all of you so eager to help at the expense of doing your OWN work....

RB vs BIAB is like going from a Yugo to a Top Fuel dragster..... the amount of time I used is ALMOST the same as what I spent with BIAB, and the time over what I used to spend in BIAB is learning curve, and for the same amount of time the stuff sounds SO MUCH BETTER in RB.

SO SO much more versatility and minute things you can do. Glad I didn;t spend too long on BIAB before all convinced me to move over.
Posted By: rharv Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/09/11 12:16 PM
I figured you'd be one of the ones to appreciate what they gave us when they made RB. I am thankful for the option to work this way. I get much more done much faster this way too.
Posted By: multitracker Re: copy and pastes awful - 08/10/11 12:26 AM
Quote:

I figured you'd be one of the ones to appreciate what they gave us when they made RB. I am thankful for the option to work this way. I get much more done much faster this way too.

Couldn't agree more.

Terry
© PG Music Forums